Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Really hard time lately

Well I am happy to say things are getting better. Very slowly, but for sure better than they were. It's been 2 months now since this all started and as of now for the past 3-4 days I would say it is about 80%-85% quieter in volume than it was 2 months ago. Now I pretty much only notice it when it's quiet, or when I think about it, which my mind still thinks a lot about it but as time goes on OI know that will change. It's still there somewhat, just at a much lower volume and more of a real high pitch faint background noise. But far better than when it first started and I laid in bed wondering how I would live another 20 yrs with that unbearable loud sound in my head.

Been feeling so much better the past week I went ahead and made my reservations for my annual 2 week alone trout trip in June :) 

Very glad to hear it, Steve.  Concentrate on the sounds of nature while you're up there and the "background" tinnitus will be gone for the duration.

Thanks guys. I hope it gets even better where I don't even notice/think about it, but honestly in comparison to how it was I am just very grateful that it has at least improved to the level that it currently is at. Having dealt with it the way it was the first 4-6 weeks, I honestly have so much empathy for those that have it where it never gets quieter at all.

Figured I'd let you guys know how I was doing with this.  Thankfully I would say things are close to normal for me once again. The actual volume of the tinnitus has settled down by about 80-85% as compared to how it was back in March right after all this happened. And now the past month or so I think I've basically habituated to the remaining 15-20% of the sound because during the day I really don't even notice it. Only at night do I somewhat notice it be more noticeable than it was. Took quite a few months but finally in a pretty good place with this now.