Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
richmce

wanted berkley flat worm

i want to copy a flat worm for my fly rod. i wish to have one in hand to get diameters close. cant find them anywhere  they were a common bait on the bass cicuit but are sold out everywhere.  so if anyone has one or two they can send me and ill send you back a few of my copies. doesnt matter the color im looking for the shape  .first one to private message me gets in on it  thanks rich

Sorry Rich.  I'm not sure what you're asking for.  I have a couple flatfish lures.

image.jpeg

But I think you're asking for this ...

s-l300.jpg

I don't have any, but they don't look that "different" to the furled eyelash streamers you already do.

they are 3.5 to 4 inch  but  pictures doesnt show how wide the flat bottom is. they are a favorite of the dropshot pros.

That's a new one for me.  Definitely don't have any of them in my dark side tackle box.  Based on similar soft plastics where the top is flat I'd say between a 1/4" and 1/2" inch wide.  Just got back from Dick's, if I had known I would've looked for them.  Jann's Netcraft has them in their catalog.  You might give them a try.  They are Power Baits.  You might have to scent the fly. 

was at bass pro and cabelas, checked tackle warehouse,fish usa  all are out of stock one online source said out tiill april 17. ebay had them but he wanted$ 24 for two bags which are normally 4.99 each

Hot item, I guess.  But, like I said, I think your big eyelash yarn worm probably is a close match already.

You could try an extra wide zonker strip?I would try to replicate the action more than the look.Nothing moves quite like rabbit.

On 3/25/2021 at 8:40 AM, mikechell said:

Sorry Rich.  I'm not sure what you're asking for.  I have a couple flatfish lures.

image.jpeg

Cool Mike. Many years ago just about the only lure I through for bass on spinning tackle was a Flatfish. I caught trout and steelhead on the small sizes on fly rod and used bigger sizes for bass, northern and musky. The orange with the black dots was my goto for daytime fishing and black in late evening and night. Caught huge amounts of fish back then on Flatfish and varied it with a Brooks Reefer and Lazy Ike if Flattie wasn't doing the trick. I got to hate the double treble hook hangers and when that was all I could buy I just replaced. They were good hookers but made a mess in the net and getting all the hooks out of a deeper hooked fish.