Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
vicrider

The swap you won't get anything back

Except good feelings and a thank you from down under. I will copy my message from the "I miss swaps" posts from Li'l Dave. 

"To board members who have been cyber friends with Li'l  Dave for many years now I'd like to propose we outfit Dave and his Down Under friends with some real American flies to get his Aussie fish confused. I know he like crabs, bendbacks, salt water flies. I don't know what shank back flies are (bend back?) and as for tube flies I sold all my tube fly accessories but have some left from swaps I'll never get wet. I do have some crabs and saltwater streamers on hand I would put in..

Here's the deal. You send me a fly or two between now and April 16th and I'll package them up and send them to Dave on my dime. He has overpaid me on every Christmas swap and included great boxes so I can give back some of that and let him know the Yankees love their Down Under Friends. Some of the flies should be able to go in regular envelopes and save on shipping cost to me."

Nick Szabo, PO Box 361, Cheyenne OK, 73628

Sign up if you'd like a fly of yours used in Australian waters and light up a guy's life knowing he has American friends.

1. atxgolfer

2. woodenlegs...Arrived

3. stabgnid

4. muskyflyguy ...Arrived

5. dogfacedoc ...Arrived

6. John1986 ...Arrived

7. DarrellP ...Arrived

8. cphubert ...Arrived

9. WWKimba

10. Richmc ...Arrived

Can definitely do that Tom. A max of 3 flies should be good. Don't want to overwhelm the Aussies with good American vise products.

Count me in for a couple patterns - you know me!  As long as there's room for a tyer to help prove that ugly ties can catch fish - there's a place for me!

Kim

put me in . ive swappped flies with him before. should i send him a terrific trump topwater fly or a butt ugly biden bug  lol

Gotcha guys and Rich, I don't think the Aussies want to hear a lot about Trump flies. This doesn't mean the swap is full, just all the numbers I put up for now.

On 4/1/2021 at 6:16 AM, vicrider said:

Except good feelings and a thank you from down under. I will copy my message from the "I miss swaps" posts from Li'l Dave. 

"To board members who have been cyber friends with Li'l  Dave for many years now I'd like to propose we outfit Dave and his Down Under friends with some real American flies to get his Aussie fish confused. I know he like crabs, bendbacks, salt water flies. I don't know what shank back flies are (bend back?) and as for tube flies I sold all my tube fly accessories but have some left from swaps I'll never get wet. I do have some crabs and saltwater streamers on hand I would put in..

Here's the deal. You send me a fly or two between now and April 16th and I'll package them up and send them to Dave on my dime. He has overpaid me on every Christmas swap and included great boxes so I can give back some of that and let him know the Yankees love their Down Under Friends. Some of the flies should be able to go in regular envelopes and save on shipping cost to me."

Nick Szabo, PO Box 361, Cheyenne OK, 73628

Sign up if you'd like a fly of yours used in Australian waters and light up a guy's life knowing he has American friends.

1. atxgolfer

2. woodenlegs

3. stabgnid

4. muskyflyguy

5. dogfacedoc

6. John1986

7. DarrellP

8. cphubert

9. WWKimba

10. Richmc

Seriously??

Thank you!