Fly Tying
flytyingperson

favorite category of flies

what is your favorite category of flies?  

317 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fishing = streamers then nymphs...

Tying = Anything I haven't tried yet and think I can make a muck of..... wallbash.gif

I have yet to take a stab at nymphs (minus hellgrammite patterns). In my limited time I have been working on getting streamers down pat. Besides, most of my fishing involves Smallmouth Bass because the good trout rivers are just too far away for anything less than devoting a full 24 hours (including transit). I LOVE fishing streamers! It's such a rush watching a monster brown explode on a baitfish pattern. Eventually I'll get to tyin some Midges and nymphs (copper johns, hare's ears), but I'll only fish 'em every once in a while. It'll take some mighty bad fishing to pry a streamer off of my rod when trout fishing (the river I fish, at least).

So I voted streamers.

In terms of tying i love to tie attractor patterns used for salmon because i can be so creative. Salmon in freshwater strike out of interest a lot of times so you can tie some really interesting flies. Seriously if you saw some of my home made salmon attractor patterns you would think i was blind and tied them while I was wasted!

In terms of fishing i like to fish big streamers especially articulated ones. Most trout fisherman i know enjoy finesse dry fly fishing or nymph fishing the most and i do enjoy that but there is something special to me when it comes to stripping a 6 inch articulated fly as fast as i can for 25 plus inch trout!

In terms of fishing i like to fish big streamers especially articulated ones. Most trout fisherman i know enjoy finesse dry fly fishing or nymph fishing the most and i do enjoy that but there is something special to me when it comes to stripping a 6 inch articulated fly as fast as i can for 25 plus inch trout!

You and me both! There's not a rush in the Trout fishing world quite like a monster trout crushing a streamer.

muddlers or schulpin not sure how to spell that as you see

streamers also, Ifish mostly fast waters so those flies work

the best.

as far as tying anything that comes to mine, like to make my

own patterns up

see you around the bend

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)