Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
TIER

oregon steelhead

Whelp i am going to oregon on may 2nd (Yayyyyyyyy). I have to be around portland so i'm going to bring some military grade body armor and an ar 15. all jokes aside i'll mostly be in tigard and newburg and i am hoping to do some steelhead fishing. does anyone know any spot for that. I will only be bringing my baitcasting rod because it's the most compactable, so i will be using spinning gear. Also, what are some other spots for bass, crappie, ect.?

I would try the Clackmas or Nestucca for early summer run fish. It's not the best time being late for winter fish and a little early for summers, but you never know unless you give it a shot. 

Read the regs carefully. 

4 minutes ago, Jaydub said:

I would try the Clackmas or Nestucca for early summer run fish. It's not the best time being late for winter fish and a little early for summers, but you never know unless you give it a shot. 

Read the regs carefully. 

Okay, thank you. Any spots for Crappie?

The Tualatin River near Tigard or the Willamette and Yamhill near Newberg have panfish. You'll have to find access at various parks.  Henry Hagg Lake has Bass, panfish and stocked Trout.

A kayak or boat would be handy for any of these.