Fly Tying
WWKimba

The Ark Swap - FLIES MAILED

On 6/21/2021 at 10:07 AM, troutguy said:

Wood duck and deer body hair.

This is a variation of the Darbee two feather fly. I used deer hair instead of hackle. The wood duck flank forms an extended body. Simple and quick tie, but a great dry fly for picky trout.

Daiichi 1167 size 14

They will be in the mail today.

3CDEEFDE-5A2F-4B1F-842C-CBFC481446F5.jpeg

875BB7BF-3C79-416B-B208-62327808EBAD.jpeg

06F51FEB-9422-47C1-9A7D-0D673EC7C3E9.jpeg

949C0CEB-7E96-4176-9291-A63FFB621C5A.jpeg

LUV EM!

On 6/21/2021 at 10:07 AM, troutguy said:

variation of the Darbee two feather fly

Very nice, I like those.  I tie the original for my brother who loves to fish them, but they lack durability.  Gonna try some of these instead.  Is that your own variation?

Thank you.

Yes, I have never seen anyone else tie these.

Niveker, I find most people make the tail and body too long and that makes the fly fragile. 
Go farther up the feather and make the tail and abdomen shorter. When I tie the traditional, I also include divides wings. I often cheat and cut the pulled forward wood duck and even it.  

One set left to get and I have the USPS tracking # for those!  Now if Uncle Sam and his pony express helps I MIGHT get the flies out to you BEFORE the due date!!  (I know, I know -- I just jinxed it!)

Kim

getting them to the post office is not the problem, its the post office putting them in trucks and sending them out 👎👎

Don't forget - I feed the ponies when I drop off the flies!  All will work fine!  (I KNOW, I KNOW -- Jinx #2!!)

Kim

Got some fine ties from Dubs in the mail today.  This closes out the swap today.  Flies will be dropped at the PO tomorrow and will PM your USPS tarcking #'s as well.  Some very fine ties from all and thanks!

Now I just have to remember my pony feed!

Kim

Flies were dropped at the PO (UPS for one) today.  Am posting the tracking #'s in a couple minutes.

You all got a gift of poly with this swap - 2' long sections of 8 strand macrame cordage that you can deconstruct.  Just separate one end and pull a strand, it's hard, slippery stuff so if you feel a lot of resistance then you have more than one strand.  Collors are - parrot (great for apple caddis patterns), antique jade (a nice 2-color), forrest and pearl.  Have fun!

Kim

Dubs, I tried to PM you your USPS tracking number but got a message that you are/can not receive messages.  Let me know if you need the number.

Kim

On 6/29/2021 at 3:03 PM, niveker said:

Nutra-sweet, can't wait.  Thanks for doing this, Kimba-sabe

KIMBA-SABE!  Next time I'll send you all the bent flies!🙄

Kim

Glad you had fun!

Must be full thanks, got the whole set today though so no tracking required!  Thanks for a great swap all

Received mine today as well, jeesh, what a great set of flies everyone.  Thanks to all participants and to Kimba-sabe for hosting and the extra gifts.  Will post some photos as time allows.