Thread: Uni-Thread 6/0, dk. brown

Tail: Woodchuck

Body: UV2 Diamond Brite, hare's ear

Rib: 0.3mm, gold

Thorax: UV2 Diamond Brite, hare's ear

Wing case: Turkey tail/Clear Cure Goo, Thick

Legs: Micro-legs, barred white

4 hours ago, flytire said:

sometimes one has to revert to their beginner days of fly tying and tie the simple and effective patterns

If you're having trouble adjusting let me know and I can do a tutorial on crowding the eye, making enormous thread heads, using the wrong hackles, and lastly how to smear glue and goo everywhere just to be sure....

4 hours ago, Baron said:

If you're having trouble adjusting let me know and I can do a tutorial on crowding the eye, making enormous thread heads, using the wrong hackles, and lastly how to smear glue and goo everywhere just to be sure....

No thanks

I’m pretty sure I’ve solved all of those problems 40 years ago 

4 hours ago, Baron said:

Lol

Softhackle Spundun Spruce Moth

51192304671_8e26752a89_c.jpg

51191592282_50e3d6c8c1_c.jpg

51192300536_5e178e5a1a_c.jpg

hook - WFC Model 4 #10
thread - Veevus 8/0 tan
body - Ice Dub hare’s ear
wing - Congo Hair shiner tan 
collar - pronghorn hair
shoulder - sharptail grouse
head - 1mm foam tan

Appropriately enough, the pronghorn came not too far from the stream where I’m planning to fish the pattern (the sharptail came from a few counties to the north).

48581491417_c7c0879b4d_c.jpg

48581480022_101cf482a6_c.jpg

48479969737_24dc62362e_c.jpg

48491026377_ca80fa69a8_c.jpg

Regards,
Scott

Gentlemen it may seem like I'm haunting these pages but I'm new and have to learn things to some deeper degree than just buying off the shelve. I often go and read about what some of these represent and when/how to utilize them. From these postings I also get the 40-50-60 years of experience and materials details that I would need to tie them as well.  SBPatt just posted the Green Drake and Flytire the Montana Nymph. These are two that I have on my list of needs for Henry's fork this summer, June/July.

Yellow is okay

Lt Green is Good 

Dk Green is hot 

Henry's fork 2.png

4 minutes ago, Baron said:

Scott where is that? Its similar looking to some of the country in Idaho. 

It’s somewhere in Montana; sorry, but I’m not going to be more specific than that,

Regards,
Scott

I'm regret asking that, lol,  I really should have been specific about what info I was after which was:

what state or region

eastern slope 

western slope

River

lake

I don't need these answers except to tailor my flybox's and to be fair I can get that info from the net and then locally from fly shops once I arrive.

Nice work. 

10 hours ago, Baron said:

I'm regret asking that, lol, 

If it was the Missouri, Madison or Rock Creek I would have been more than happy to tell you.

Regards,
Scott

Scott, I have allot of unbridled zeal and I should have been more considerate. On the other hand Isn't this a great hobby? And it is Global in perspective, so Global that I bet Li'lDave's beautiful tubes and Nymphs don't even have an NZ accent. Nice job on the PT Li'lDave.

I'll lay off this now a bit but I'm watching and benefitting from all of your work. Thanks for being willing to post. 

The Little Marryatt from a Book of Trout Flies by Preston Jennings. This fly tied on a size 14 hook features a wing made from Starling Primaries.

P_20200415_162252.jpg

Last nights Bugs and Bourbon

Two types of PMD spinners. 6 of each. Size 18. Recipe upon request. @Baron@Baron those are for Henry's Fork. July 10-17.

Tied some Catskill style pink Albert's the other day. Also for Henry's and Slough and Soda Butte Creeks. Size 16.

Whipped up some size 20 parachute Adam's variations on Tuesday. 

The cripple, well I tied some of them too. Size 14. Maybe they'll work for Flavs. 

As always fantastic and inspiring work. 

PHOTO_20210521_065059.jpg

PHOTO_20210521_065139.jpg

PHOTO_20210521_065349.jpg

PHOTO_20210521_065238.jpg

PHOTO_20210521_064932.jpg