Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Roughfisher

Hello from Corey

Hi folks I'm Corey from roughfish.com. I've been flytying and flyfishing since age 8 and have devoted a lot of time to pursuing the so-called "rough fish". I spend many hours at the vise each winter cooking up patterns for bowfin, mooneye, redhorse, carp, gar, buffalo, drum, catfish, and eels. OK maybe the eel idea is just a pipe dream but you can't blame a guy for trying. Oh, and trout - I fish Wisconsin and Minnesota for Steelhead, Brooks, and Browns, and never let a major hatch pass unmolested. A lot of what I do relates to applying the tools and tactics of the dedicated trout angler to other species, especially those species that are poorly understood. I've got a Biology degree but I work with computers. Someday I hope to find a method for reliably catching Qilllback and River Carpsuckers on flies. I'd love to hear anything people have to offer on that subject, among others. And I'll certainly share what I do know with anybody who cares to hear it.

Tight lines,

Corey Geving

[email protected]

Hey Corey welcome to the site theres a wide range of tyers and types of flies here so you should enjoy!

Another rough fish guy...i think big daddy hubb better get to work on that roughfish post he has started dry.gif

SD

Welcome to the forum and I must say rough fish has been an interesting topic around here recently and I'm sure we would all enjoy that type of fishing if we had a little more info on the subject so feel free to post any patterns that you have had success with because we all love to see new stuff!

Welcome aboard,

There's such a thing as roughfish, any fish that bites is a good fish. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Fatman