Fly Tying

Sightfishing... in fresh or salt waters - just nothing like it.  Whether on foot or in a skiff, spotting, then stalking your target, figuring out exactly where to toss your fly (or lure) then executing the cast without spooking the fish..... Pretty much as good as it gets in my world.  That's true for small fish, all the way up to fish so big that at first you can't believe it's actually a fish... .  Like I said just nothing like it.  And yes, there are days when the fish win and you go home talking to yourself vowing to do better the next time out.

52 minutes ago, Capt Bob LeMay said:

Sightfishing... in fresh or salt waters - just nothing like it.  Whether on foot or in a skiff, spotting, then stalking your target, figuring out exactly where to toss your fly (or lure) then executing the cast without spooking the fish..... Pretty much as good as it gets in my world.  That's true for small fish, all the way up to fish so big that at first you can't believe it's actually a fish... .  Like I said just nothing like it.  And yes, there are days when the fish win and you go home talking to yourself vowing to do better the next time out.

I couldn't agree more.

2 hours ago, Capt Bob LeMay said:

Sightfishing... in fresh or salt waters - just nothing like it.

I have to disagree.  While there is no doubt that it's definitely a thrill to catch a fish that way, and I do, for me there is nothing like the satisfaction of scouting out a likely holding spot, landing that fly into the current just so that it is delivered it into a hidden fish's mouth.  Of course, the small streams I fish make it a bit easier to do this than in big, open water.  

Oh, and that is beautiful coloring on that Brown.