Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
SalarMan

Silver Wilkinson - Then & Now

I managed to get hold of an old (!!) salmon fly and a quick examination confirmed it was a Silver Wilkinson...a long time favorite of mine. The photo will show it was in really sad shape but the hook still looked good.  So the the fly from some time in the past got the razor treatment and I put the antique hook to use for what else but a Silver Wilkinson.

The head got away from me a bit on this one but when you look at the old fishing classics the heads weren't the small thing that is so fashionable now days. Probably because of the use of heavy silk thread that was generally well waxed. Nevertheless I felt this one turned out okay.

1045212886_DSC_0009(2).thumb.jpg.afdf684d21a95dc164e86f90519004f1.jpg236692362_DSC_0056(2).thumb.jpg.7eb345e26977ff25c41b4ba1084ec9de.jpg

Thanks guys...always enjoy reading anything and everything you have to say. Especially when it is so complimentary😎😁😎

I've attached a slightly different style on a modern (Ronn Lucas, Sr.) hook. Just another one of those ties of mine when I experiment with the look of the fly. Head needs another coat of cement or two...and I'll get to that over the weekend.

1083684560_DSC_0009(2).thumb.jpg.e8bf021ea16bc57ad69c8de4d932869a.jpg