Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Let the good times roll!!

Well all is almost back to normal in Steve-topia 😁 After the rough patch of a few months I had early this spring with the ears/tinnitus/sleep issues I was starting to wonder how I was gonna be for any fishing this year. Thankfully the past few weeks I have been getting back to more normal and would say I am now 90%+ back to normal. So I have plans and reservations made for my annual spring trip now.

Buddy and I are headed up the my cabin on the lower Au Sable in a couple weeks and he will fish with me for smallmouth for the first couple days. Then we'll head up to the upper/mid Au Sable in Mio and he'll stay with me for a day there and we'll trout fish. Then he heads home and I move over into a single room at the motel 200ft from the river and I will spend at least the next 12-14 days there alone, fishing every day till sometime towards the later part of June. And who really knows, it's been a great year for my rod business so I may stay a bit longer than usual. Hell I may never come back! 😃

4 hours ago, Steeldrifter said:

Well all is almost back to normal in Steve-topia 😁 After the rough patch of a few months I had early this spring with the ears/tinnitus/sleep issues I was starting to wonder how I was gonna be for any fishing this year. Thankfully the past few weeks I have been getting back to more normal and would say I am now 90%+ back to normal. So I have plans and reservations made for my annual spring trip now.

Buddy and I are headed up the my cabin on the lower Au Sable in a couple weeks and he will fish with me for smallmouth for the first couple days. Then we'll head up to the upper/mid Au Sable in Mio and he'll stay with me for a day there and we'll trout fish. Then he heads home and I move over into a single room at the motel 200ft from the river and I will spend at least the next 12-14 days there alone, fishing every day till sometime towards the later part of June. And who really knows, it's been a great year for my rod business so I may stay a bit longer than usual. Hell I may never come back! 😃

Good for you my friend. Happy for you.

Steve, enjoy the time with your friend and by yourself. Regroup and attack!

Thanks guys. Certainly going to have a great time and enjoy the solitude. Been such a rough start to the year for me with those issues I had. And then just the other day ended a friendship with someone that was probably my best friend and fishing buddy for the past 12 years (saw it coming, he's getting older and is just not the same person I knew before) So we just had to mutually end that sadly. 

I've always been a very non social introvert though, so these trips where I spend so much time alone on the river and in the woods without talking to anyone for days at a time, they are honestly when I am probably at my happiest. So I'm looking fwd to this one more than I can even explain.

2 hours ago, Steeldrifter said:

time alone on the river and in the woods without talking to anyone for days at a time, they are honestly when I am probably at my happiest.

I hear that!  Hope things continue to improve for you.  

Steve,

I’m glad things are improving with you.  Like the spring your return to health is a welcomed one.

Pat