Fly Tying
fishingbobnelson

No such thing as too many Caddis Flies

On 7/19/2021 at 6:05 PM, WWKimba said:

Since it's your last swap one question - should I get these flies bronzed?  Just asking my friend!😉

Kim

NO! Fish the hell out of them.

Just figured it would help them get down in the water column!

Woo hoo, got mine in the mail today.  Really a great set of flies.  Thanks to the participants and above all, Fishin' Bob.  

My pony must have been a little slower!  Got some nice caddis ties in the mail.  Very good work all and thanks again Bob for hosting a great swap!

Kim

Got my Caddis flies!  All are excellent!  You guys have amazing skills.  Can someone with good camera skills post a photo?

Duh! I missed this one. True, one never has enough caddis patterns to match the hatch or lure whatever lives in the water. I'm kicking myself as the elk hair caddis on one of my go-to flies, no matter where I fish. I'm hesitant to post as I might be visited by the Fly Tying Police since I use deer hair instead of elk hair.☺️

3 hours ago, skeet3t said:

Duh! I missed this one. True, one never has enough caddis patterns to match the hatch or lure whatever lives in the water. I'm kicking myself as the elk hair caddis on one of my go-to flies, no matter where I fish. I'm hesitant to post as I might be visited by the Fly Tying Police since I use deer hair instead of elk hair.☺️

No police on this web site.  Wish you had joined as we had two no shows at the end.  I would fish your caddis no matter what hair you used.  There is still space in the Mosquito Hawk swap.

23 minutes ago, fishingbobnelson said:

No police on this web site.  Wish you had joined as we had two no shows at the end.  I would fish your caddis no matter what hair you used.  There is still space in the Mosquito Hawk swap.

Will look at the MH fly and see what it uses. Thanks for the kind reply and the notice on the swap.

40 minutes ago, fishingbobnelson said:

Mosquito Hawk swap

There's a "Mosquito Hawk swap" going on right now?

2 hours ago, mikechell said:

There's a "Mosquito Hawk swap" going on right now?

Karate Kid Swap 

Crane Flies, we call them Mosquito Hawks out here in Cali.

2 hours ago, skeet3t said:

Will look at the MH fly and see what it uses. Thanks for the kind reply and the notice on the swap.

It is the Karate Kid Swap

1 hour ago, fishingbobnelson said:

Karate Kid Swap 

Used to get a kick out of kids saying they're Mosquito Eaters and eat hundreds of mosquitos so never kill one. Somehow they also got confused a lot with Male Mosquitos. After all, only the females drink your blood so they must be the giant males. Good thing they don't sting for blood or a few of them would leave you too weak to portage a canoe in Boundary Waters.

2 hours ago, fishingbobnelson said:

Karate Kid Swap 

Of course!  We've always called Crane Flies "Mosquito Hawks".  I just didn't put 2 and 2 together.

Thanks for the promo!  I'd love to fill this swap!  Already got 2 dozens (with one more with the PO's ponies) and ALL look great!

Kim