Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Snakes

Anybody do any snakes?   Some more of Larry Tullis stuff...WiggleSnake.   I added swimmer tails
Got an order in for 2 🥧  and whatever’s left for ice cream toppings 😛

EF31D4FE-CC8F-4055-AE42-673945BCFAC4.jpeg

552DED8A-CDB0-4189-8F37-CBD0264B1148.jpeg

Nice, I may have done something at one point for and eel fly in three pieces.  I see a lot of these in the lakes that we fish in the Poconos, though I've never seen a bass or chain pickerel go after one.

642078144_P5240271(3).thumb.JPG.a5d84a0d3086cee12c0c4e73d9845eb1.JPG

More snakes....great action anxious to get one in a Bucketmouth and see how they hold up.   Tried a lil one.  May be too consumable😏

D95E49DC-0C18-4982-ABE5-5C4E5F82456E.jpeg

That’ll be 2 easy and no fun at all.   Too weighty also and doesn’t float on pauses...Next rattling head.

12”ers 😳

98D6B184-3905-420C-BBD9-F76FA8960612.jpeg

I like your creations and want to hear how you do with that segmented cut circle foam snake.  What about a foam popper body head and a thin piece of pine squirrel tied in the rear ?  Yes, I know the pine squirrel will sink but if moved quickly enough, it might slide around near the top.  It might be worth a try for the smallies.

Well I tied up one of the pine squirrel snakes and it fished quite well today.  Short 2" continuous strips and that tail demonstrates a nice snake like movement that stays on top.  I didn't fish it long but caught several with the largest of the day, a fat 18.5" that sucked it down.  Thanks for the inspiration.

asd.jpg