Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
DarrellP

Taking a break from hosting

I have enjoyed swaps and hosting swaps.  However, I need to take a break.  I am remodeling a house, I was diagnosed with prostate cancer and I have to deal with that.  I have an Elk hunt coming up and have to practice with my bow, etc.  But mainly, I am tired of people sending flies late or not at all, and others putting cash in the envelope rather than applying postage.  Also, i am not happy with my tying right now.  I enjoy seeing what you guys tie and I have kept some for patterns.  You guys tie so well.

Very sorry to hear that. Wishing you a fast and speedy recovery. I have a issue with my local post office where they always tell me that if I tried to put postage on the return package it would get returned to sender due to the size and possible hazardous contents. I will try to talk to them again. Sorry about the cash and well wishes!

1 hour ago, psychoprince said:

Very sorry to hear that. Wishing you a fast and speedy recovery. I have a issue with my local post office where they always tell me that if I tried to put postage on the return package it would get returned to sender due to the size and possible hazardous contents. I will try to talk to them again. Sorry about the cash and well wishes!

Use Fed Ex or UPS? Never heard of what you are encountering. Skip the hired help, go up the ladder and talk with the postmaster.

If Postmaster is ignorant of how to do these in and out mailings just have her weigh the whole thing, buy and put your stamps on the inner package and seal outer package and let her do the simple task of weighing and affixing metered mail to the outer package. Fortunately my PM is familiar with these and handles them for me with no problem but we are a small one person shop and never lines to deal with.

I know about late mailings and no shows. It does get aggravating. I've had guys trying to do right spend extra for overnight mail only to have to wait a week for someone else to get theirs in. 

Darrell, do the treatments and get past this. Sharpen up those broadheads and have a great hunting trip. We'll be waiting to hear about the trip and be happy when you're back in the tying and swapping game again.

Nick

Darrell, I wish the all the best with both the cancer fight as well as the hunt!  I guess if you are successful we'll be seeing ALOT of your caddis patterns!😉

Hope your remodel goes well - I've done a few in my time.  My Dad had his own bussiness and he took advantage of my strong back and weak mind many a times!

Tight lines my friend.

Kim

Hopefully you’ll get well soon, thank you so much for hosting these swaps. Your in my prayers 

Take care and get well, tying for most is a hobby not meant to interfere with life but add to it. I wish you the best.

Thanks for your kind words.  My cancer is low grade and my doctor has recommended "active surveillance " for now.  My PSA was at a reasonable level last week.  Thank God.  It is kind of a dark cloud, though. 

Just keep that cloud small, that way you can enjoy the rest of the sun!

Kim