Fly Tying
WWKimba

Karate Kid Swap - Swap Closed, flies mailed

I don’t think or know if crane flies exist in my location so I’ll stay out of this one 

im probably done with fly swaps due to $$ and usps not delivering flies

No problem.  I'll keep an apple handy when you decide to try in the future!😉

Kim

2 hours ago, mkresio said:

I’m in

Yes you are and I did PM you.

Kim

Got your flies tody Bob, thanks for starting this swap off right!

Kim

Got some fine Daddy Long Legs dries in the mail from Woodenlegs.  Some more nice ties!  And there's STILL OPENINGS in this swap!

Kim

danthebugman is in via PM - 3 more to go to fill the swap!

Kim

Days of trying to tie knotted pheasant legs (when did my fingers get so big?) and finally back to my vise in the upcountry.

Working on trying to get a pattern that I'm happy with, and that is consistent enough to send out.  Still not there, but will have something out shortly.

20210725_104639.jpg

I'll PM everyone with the final registration numbers on Aug. 1st IF we don't fill all the spots.

Kim

Also, for those who have tied and sent 12 flies, I will either 1) send your extras back or 2) keep them in my donation box.  Whenever there is a request for a donation for Casting for the Cure or other not-for-profit fly fishing groups I will donate your flies with AT LEAST one of my own for that request.  All you need to do is let me know IF YOU WANT YOUR EXTRAS BACK.  Otherwise they'll be donated.

Swap closed at 8 total people so 8 is the number of flies needed for this swap.

Kim

WW, I have a dozen slugs tied up now and will either add a few more and have two each or with kids leaving in two days and able to get to tying room again (spare bedroom) I should be able to get some other stage of lifecycle out to go with slugs. I'll try for something like Woodenlegs but first attempts failed miserably. Two each should not be that hard, especially if a dozen are already tied. If anyone does send in a dozen just mix them up amongst the ones on the way back.

Nick

Edit...Just read your post and saving them for donation is fine also. Up to you SM. My goal, if it works out, is two each at 8 swappers.