Fly Tying
DarrellP

Stay safe on the gulf

4 hours ago, Chris_in_Louisiana said:

I'm 10 nights/9 days in at this point.  Crossing my fingers the rumors of power within the next 48 hours are true.  Otherwise, the possibility has been floated that this could go on until 9/29

Chris.

Best of luck my friend!

Kim

9 hours ago, WWKimba said:

I'm 10 nights/9 days in at this point.

Brutal, hope the power gets back sooner rather than later.  

We’ve seen this sort of response down here in south Florida years ago as well… The bulk of the relief goes to cities while small isolated rural areas wait and wait…. Hope that’s not the case where y’all are… 

4 hours ago, chugbug27 said:

Yikes. Power just went out again.

😳

Don't worry chug, I do my best tying when I can't see what I'm doing!😉

Hope things straighten themselves out for you!  Thoughts and prayers are with you and my other southern friends.

Kim

4 hours ago, chugbug27 said:

Back on. Whoa, it's a wild ride. Chris, I hope you've got yours back.

I’m finally back!!

Electricity returned last night at about 2am.  Strangely, (and completely unrelated I’m sure) this miraculous return of electricity came less than 12-hours after the local news began broadcasting  interviews with folks in the neighboring golf course community.

Now if I could just get a day off work to mow the lawn and finish clean up.  I’ve been working 12-hour days minimum since the storm passed.

Thanks to all for the well wishes!  And glad you’re doing well, Chug!

Chris

People in other parts of the country cannot imagine a hurricane and the flooding.  Out west we have fire worries and drought.   Both can cause heat stroke.  Stay safe!

A couple pics from the damage on my street, which was nothing compared to just a few miles west.  The car (new) was parked up on the sidewalk to avoid being flooded out during the hurricane. Instead, the telephone pole it was under snapped in the wind, and an arm at the top of the pole pierced through the top of the car.  Bum luck.

(1).thumb.jpg.a32211181442d3677bcb2b2553dc5334.jpg

Glad to hear things are progressing where you are.  I just completed six days with anglers in Everglades National Park and count my blessings… If you even say the word “hurricane” the Park will lockdown for months (locking us out in the process…).

Hope both government and insurance outfits step up for y’all, and sooner rather than later…