Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Michigan steelhead trip

Well i know this is gonna be kinda early to talk about this but i have been thinkin about putting together a steelhead trip for all the MI members(and any other members willing to make the drive here of course) sometime in the spring.

I dont have a date or river yet but i'm thinking a trip to the Pere Marquette sometime in late march or early april. Just wanted to put this post out there as a "feeler" to get an idea if anyone would be interested,if some of you are then i'm thinkin we'd all tryin stay at the same motel in baldwin so we could fish during the day and tie in the evening. If you might be interested in it then let me know and give a suggestion of what dates(name a few) that would probally work out for you so we can get an idea of when to set it.

SD

Might be interested, depending upon dates. My wife is pregnant and the baby is due early may. Plus I have a tying show in arkansas the second week of march. Keep me posted.

john

I would be interested in getting together with others.Only thing would be good for me except second weekend in April.Will be in Pennsylvania for there opening day for trout.Have not mist it in 8 years. Rick

Great guys glad to see an intrest in a trip already everyone who is interested just keep throwing out dates that would work and i'll tryin find a date that would be best for everyone. smile.gif

SD

I'll be on vacation the last weekend of March and first week of April. I'll be in Wellston any ways so let me know.

Keep me posted on the final date and I could probley make it.

but you young bucks will have to take it easy on the Old Steelhead dude

and let me catch a few. LOL. bs.gif

OSD.

I'm interested. Can't say for sure I can make it for an entire weekend yet, but one day shouldn't be a problem.

Mike

Sounds good.

Looks like we also have enough boats to accommodate the members without.

i'll be there with bells on!! i love to fish, but enjoy it more with the company of others. just dont listen to the stories that shoe, or dornug tell about me. none of them are true, well most of them arent anyways biggrin.gif

Lookin good guys!

Shoe thats exactly what i was thinking....if we get enough of us with driftboats interested then we could do a float trip for everyone to enjoy...we'll see how it looks.

OSD the young bucks let YOU catch a few fish.........from what i have seen i think the young bucks could probally learn a few tricks from the old steelhead dude!

SD

*bump* just an update

Lookin like maybe the last weekend in march as of right now an ethier the PM or bigM....have to wait to see which is shapping up better with fish closer to the time when we will be going.

Could be doing a driftboat float trip depending on whos going to be going with us,as of right now it sounds like we may have 3 boats going....Shoe,SD,and poss foersterhunter so it may be a nice experiance for anyone that hasnt' had the chance to fish out of a driftboat for steelies before so start plannin now guys wink.gif

i'll "pin" a solid date and river at the top when we know for sure.

SD

Sounds Like a great trip I hope I have a chance to make this one.

I will start making plans when you get the dates down.

OSD.

you guys doing anything up near grayling in the summer i might be there this summer to meet a guy if i can remember what his online name is i talked to him a while ago and might go there this summer for some trout

SDHflyfisher yeah i already have some ideas about that porbaly will do a trout trip for everyone in the spring/summer(actualy more than just one trip) and it will be on the au sable.

I plan on doin a number of trips this year for the members to get together so just keep an eye on the "pinned" subject in the lodge and they will be posted well in advance.

SD