Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Michigan steelhead trip

Barothy's

A 9 bedroom unit sleeps 15 guys @ 918.00 a night

An 8 bedroom unit sleeps 13 @ 810.00 a night

A 6 bedroom unit sleeps 8 @ 486.00 a night

Wow, I think that this is my first post smile.gif I would love to get together with you all, even those that I "know" already(Shoe and Steel).... smile.gif I have been fishing once for steelies in a driftboat and although we did not catch anything, I would love to try it again!! I would even be willing to do my rendition of "the glowing pumpkin" if it is cold enough Shoe! LOL

Welcome aboard Kurt glad to see ya made it over here.

Would be glad to see ya make the trip sence we missed gettin together for some salmon last fall hopefuly we can make up for it with some chrome this spring!

SD

Yeah, that was a hellish year.

This year is shaping up much better, although the Northern parts are starting to go into "Winter phase" and the bite has slowed. Once the fish acclimate, it will pick up again.

If you find the time, let's try it again.

Hey SD,

We could look into renting the BBT house for the weekend. I'm not sure of the accommodations there, but if it sleeps 10 or so guys, that might be an option.

I bet it gets booked well in advance and we'll have to firm a date.

OK, just got off the horn with Bob @BBT and they rented it out on a full time basis.

He did give me some leads on a couple of houses that are right on the river in the Flies Water. The owner is doing some work on them, but should be completed by the time we plan on coming up.

Another alternative would be the Red Moose Lodge. It's basically a Motel and we could book individual rooms.

Once we set a firm date, I'll make some calls.

Any idea what date in March or did I just not see it posted? smile.gif Shoe, I am off starting tomorrow and dont go back to school till Jan. 5. I am getting married and moving into our new home but could probably make some time if you want to get out again....

kurt i'll post the date this weekend,just need to look back at all the guys interested and see what works best for all,but more than likely it will be the last weekend in march.....i'll know by this weekend.

Shoe yeah see what you can find out after i post the date and let us know.

SD

If it stays on the last weekend in March you can count another boat if my vacation pick sticks it out until then. I'm off the last week in March and the first week in April. I'll be in Wellston during that time anyways.

I also know some spots for bankies if we have more folks then boats.

Sounds good Pat,be nice to finally have a chance to meet some of the guys from MS like you,ralph,kurt,OSD and others that i havent had a chance to meet yet. You got 2 weeks fishing vaca planned? bugeyes.gif some guys have all the luck!

SD

some guys have all the luck!

I wish. I just got back from the north and didn't see a deer until the drive home. They are so nocturnal right now it's not funny.

And I couldn't get to the rivers to fish. It rained on Tuesday and froze that night. It then snowed every day after that making the roads impossible. The roads were a sheet of ice and I almost slid into my boat, trailer and every tree up there. I came home early since I couldn't get around up there. I need 4X4.

Last year during the same period of time we had a deep freeze and snow. Maybe I should stay home to ensure you guys have good weather. wallbash.gif

Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear about the weather. You sure earned the time off.

BTW, we're taking a suicide trip on the Friday after Xmas. You working?

As for the deer, we still have time to kill a couple on the orchard. Give me your days off, let's see what we can do