Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Michigan steelhead trip

QUOTE (riverboy @ Jan 28 2004, 07:23 AM)
As of now Im in!!!! Will know more when a date is decided! Can do Monday!

Scott,

We're looking at the weekend of March 27th

Hmmmm My daughter's 13th B-day is the 26th. I will have to let you know!

Oh my god I just relized I will have a teenager!!! wallbash.gif Lord help me!!!!!

Thanks for the info Steve..... Specific names and price, if known, would be helpful. I am a teacher so money IS an issue smile.gif Looking at some at BassPro and they have combos from St. Croix for $100-$150 that include rod, reel with disk drag, line, backing, etc.

If you guy's are still talking the PM count me in. As it stands right now, I'll be up there every weekend from late March on up to the trout opener anyway.

Al

Kurt the better rods such as sage,winston,scott,etc are up over $300-400 for just the rod so they are a bit pricey. But if you are lookin for something that is a bit more affordable under $200 then yeah the st.croix combos are a good choice. try to look for a combo that is 7/8wt and 9' rod and a disk drag reel.

Also check out some of the fly shops for discounted rods my local shop Flymart has a rack of demo rods that are basicly new rods but cant be sold as brand new since they are demos but i saw some $300 rods in the rack for half price. You can find yourself a good deal on a really nice rod if you check around sometimes.

SD

Well it looks like about 8 of us.

I got a lead to 2 cabins on the Upper Flies Water. They are right on the river. One sleeps 5 the other 3. They run 150 a night and are located between M37 and Green Cottage. Looks like a pretty decent deal. I just talked to the guy and they are still available, but are booked from then on.

Let's get this thing rolling.

At 37.50 a night I don't think we can beat it

Are you going to reserve them Ralf?

If so count me in and I will send you a deposit or payment in advance

however you would like to do it.

Thanks

OSD.

Sign me up, can put a check in the mail for my part! That way, the new wife cant tell me that I have other plans and that I do not REALLY need a new fly rod setup smile.gif

A few dropped out and I want to make sure we need both of them.

Who's staying through Monday?

So Far

OSD

Hunter

Myself ... Friday- Monday

As soon as I get a total, I'll call him back and make a deposit

Guest Ladykiller

Wow, this post is looooooooooooong. Took me a long damn time to read it. I may show up with my new toy wink.gif

Not sure yet if we will be staying at keiths trailer or somewhere else ralph but i'll let ya know.

BTW nice job on workin out the cabins for everyone thumbup.gif

If the shoe thing ends you should be a travel agent laugh.gif

SD

Just relize that weekend chosen is the start of my spring break:thumbs:

Question is whether I am fishing the first part of the break or the second part. Going home probably during the week but the question is when dunno.gif

Decisions, decisions dry.gif

Edited by stel

Just relize that weekend chosen is the start of my spring break:thumbup:

Question is whether I am fishing the first part of the break or the second part. Going home probably during the week but the question is when dunno.gif

Decisions, decisions dry.gif