Fly Tying
WWKimba

Cousin is a Chicken Swap - Reg. closed at 10 people

Here's the rules for the swap - any fly pattern that uses feathers/quills from either a breed of partidge, pheasant or quail is welcome - either wet or dry patterns.  Sign-up is limited to the first 12 registarants and ALL LEVEL tyers are most welcome to join.  If you are a new to tying flies and/or this is your first swap please PM me and let me know - I am most happy to address any of your questions/concerns so you can decide if a fly swap is something you'd like to try out.   I am retired and check the site at least once daily, so you should get a response from me within 24 hours in most cases

Registration will run until 10/1/2021 and flies are due to me by 11/6/2021 (due to Thanksgiving BUT don't wait 'till the last minute!🙄).   As always please include toe tags on your flies that include at least your screen handle and the name of your pattern, your swap box (with your screen handle), and a SASE.  Please include the name of your pattern choice when you register (or as soon as possible afterwards).  I (the Swapmeister) reserve the right to deny a pattern if at's already been taken by someone else.

If, for any reason, there are less than 6 people registered by 10/1 a descion will be made at that time to extend the registration date or cancel the swap.

As always please keep in touch with me if there are any questions/concerns/unanticipated challenges.  

As usual, with all my swaps, a fly tying gift or two is included for each swapper. And, please have FUN!

Kim

1 - Woodenlegs - received

2 - vicrider - received

3 - niveker - Red Clock - received

4 - DarrellP - Soft Hackle PT

5 - John1986

6 - danthebugman - The Bug - received

7 - mikemac1 - Hare's Ear Carey Special - received

8 - fishingbobnelson - Partridge and Green - received

9 - J-Kno - Frenchie - received

10 - jacktjl - Yellow Hammer Variant - recieved

Sign me up

just a note THANKS FOR HOSTING SWAPS!!!!

update: tying a 16BH Perdigon with chicken tail

well the perdigon’s will by swimming your way Tuesday as tomorrow is a Holiday 

ANY pattern that uses ANY peacock/peahen feather/quill as part of it's materials.  How's that?

Kim

25 minutes ago, WWKimba said:

ANY pattern that uses ANY peacock/peahen feather/quill as part of it's materials.  How's that?

Kim

👍

If you'll have me, I'd like to tie a pattern Gunnar Brammer came up with called The Bug.

Happy to have you "bug" me!😁  Besides, I have always had a weak spot for streamers - especially mini/micro streamers!  Consider yourself in!

Kim

Funny, if anyone would tie this pattern, I figured that you would.  BTW, when you tie on bead chain do you tie then cut the chain or do you cut the 2 eyes then tie??

9 hours ago, WWKimba said:

Happy to have you "bug" me!😁  Besides, I have always had a weak spot for streamers - especially mini/micro streamers!  Consider yourself in!

Kim

Funny, if anyone would tie this pattern, I figured that you would.  BTW, when you tie on bead chain do you tie then cut the chain or do you cut the 2 eyes then tie??

I've been dying to give it a go since I saw his video where he was slaying smallmouth with it on a 2 wt. I tied a few up several weeks ago with what I had on hand which was marabou, some odds and ends, and the hook was 2x instead of a proper streamer hook. The test run was good, but broke off a good trout and lost the other in a tree 🙄. So now I have an excuse to buy a pheasant skin and do some proper ones.

I have all my bead chains cut before I tie. I find it a bit awkward to cut them while on the fly.

He ties the bead chain so the fly rides point down, but I was thinking about doing them so they ride hook up. Thoughts?

I like the more weedlesnes of an upturned hook.  I like to anchor the beadchain with a couple turns then cut the chain and finish tying/glueing the eyes on or use an old trick or tying the eyes on a small dubbing "ball" to keep the eyes from spinning on the shank.  I have old, fat fingers and I hate to swear!  Handling only 2 eyes helped fill the swear jar!🙄

Kim