Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Moshup

Fly tying meeting . Finally !!!😊

Tonight my club is having it’s first meeting since the beginning of the pandemic.  Everyone attending 

must be vaccinated and wear a mask.  No problem .  Happy to be able to go and see some old faces

and hopefully new ones.  The pandemic has been tough on clubs that run on a shoestring budget and

rely  heavily on member’s dues. With declining enrollment in many organizations the inability to meet

has been concerning. I for one will be happy to be back.  Stay healthy everyone.

Enjoy the camaraderie as well as the old and hopefully new faces. Well half faces anyhow. 

Look on the bright side - the old fishing tales will seem new again!

Kim

Good news for you, Moshup.  Mine met a few times in the late Winter/early Spring.  Unfortunately I missed the Spring BBQ before we broke for the summer. 

We start up again next week, full body armor required.  

@Sandan
It was great to see the guys that showed up. This was a hybrid meeting with the option of in person

and zoom. We had Tim Flager as the guest speaker and tyer on zoom and it work out pretty well. We only

had 9 people show up in person.  People are still a little leery and Sept is a busy month for other things.

That being said it’s a concern.  When I joined 4 yrs ago we maybe we had a dz people show and we weren’t making

enough dues money to cover the very reasonable  rent for the room but 5 or 6 guys really pinched in and helped a 

lot myself as well and prior to the pandemic we had full tables with 40 plus tyers and we were back in the black. In fact

there was discussion of needing a larger room.  Unfortunately the pandemic has at least temporarily wipe out our gains.

So we will see. I don’t think it would bode well for the club if we had to cancel meetings again.  Lots of people are in the same boat.

Sorry to hear that but you got  the first step out of the way. I say stop watching the news, make masks optional and keep moving forward towards normal. Only than will things return to normal. If you watch for new variants and mandate masks nothing will ever go back to normal. 

great first effort though, keep up the good fight.