Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Just about sick of this shit

How it has been lately. My tinnitus was so much better the past 4 months, honestly felt almost normal for a bit, still had the ringing, but got 90%+ habituated to it . Honestly thought I was past it for the most part...then the past 2 weeks, it got a bit worse. Now the past few days, just sucks.

For those that don't know what tinnitus is, this is what I hear 24/7 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=059qOMgLa_o&t=14s

fSal8fY.jpg

Steve. I have had it for years. I also have a good deal of hearing loss due to a lot of gunfire and loud music (used to be a roadie in another life). I got fitted for hearing aids and the tinnitus goes away completely. They are not to bad adjusting to and it its really that bad, go to an audiologist and see if you are a candidate

Ken see that's what is weird about mine. I still have excellent hearing. Mine never started issues till bacj in the spring. It started one day after I had a microsuction ear cleaning done. So I am 99% sure that caused it, but when I talked to the ENT a few days after, he said "nooooo that didn't cause it". (AkA not my prob dont sue me lol).

Anyway. It started one day after my microsuction cleaning, dunno if you remember my posts from back in the spring when it started, but it was really bad. I had some real dark thoughts back then because it was unreal how bad it was. It got a lot better, or maybe I just habituated (sp) to it the past 4 or so months. But for some reason this past week, it's back to being close to how it was. Now as bad, but back to maybe 75% as bad. Case in point...its 6:30am here, I have not slept yet tonight. Just the damn ringing wont stop.

Ya' see Steve, I've lived with mine so many years (forever) I pretty much forget about it until something or SOMEONE reminds me about it then it kicks in good. I would think the connection being getting your ears sucked out and the start of your trouble is a no-brainer for how the damage was caused. Never had that done and now never will. 

Sleeping at night can be a problem unless there is some sound to go along with the ear ringing. I used to use a CPAP at night and that helped a lot. Now I don't use the CPAP but have an oxygen concentrator next to me hooked I sleep with at night for the COPD drop in oxy levels while sleeping. During the day I find it way to easy to fall asleep on recliner when listening to TV. The sound on TV slowly starts to blend into a muffled blur and next thing I know an hour is past.

I have read about people going so crazy from tinnitus they do some drastic things to their ears. DON'T be that guy. One thing about tinnitus and some other problems we all have is it's so common that it makes a good scam subject on Facebook. So many people have found miracle cures that will sell you for $$$ full guaranteed. Don't fall for those either. I'm always tempted and personally blame FB ads for duping millions of people allowing completely false and untested scams on just to rake their profits and it is mainly elderly like me and others who are their target since we come from an era when people were more trusting than they are today. Good luck and hope you find a way around this. I haven't.

7 hours ago, skeet3t said:

I told the doctor I wanted a second opinion. He told me I was ugly, too.

Thanks for that. It brought a smile to my face.

I played the video you posted, Steve.  Had the volume turned up as far as it will go.  Wife is asking, "What the FU## is that?"  I tell her, "I don't know, what do you hear?"

I couldn't hear a thing.  Either the frequency matches mine, or my tinnitus is louder.  Probably a combination of both.

Not a fun thing to have going day to day   Mine is service related and the VA acknowledged it  pretty bad hearing loss service connected 

3 minutes ago, David 82nd said:

Not a fun thing to have going day to day   Mine is service related and the VA acknowledged it  pretty bad hearing loss service connected 

VA is going to try to order a microphone to complement my hearing aids. Hopefully it will help, if they can get it.

Good luck buddy , my local VA is very helpful and accommodating, i hope you have success......i even get brand new boots every year from them , “ Bates or whatever i want