Fly Tying
strutnstuff

Making soft salmon eggs

Been looking on internet on how to make soft salmon eggs, can't find anything. Last year a fellow from Alaska tied a fly that looked really good egg fly. He was going to do a video on how to do it, but got caught up with projects before the snow. I have done egg patterns for steelhead here in Erie Pa. I wanted to try something different, any help would be appreciated

10 minutes ago, strutnstuff said:

Been looking on internet on how to make soft salmon eggs, can't find anything. Last year a fellow from Alaska tied a fly that looked really good egg fly. He was going to do a video on how to do it, but got caught up with projects before the snow. I have done egg patterns for steelhead here in Erie Pa. I wanted to try something different, any help would be appreciated

How would they be different from the ones you have been used to tying? A salmon egg is a salmon egg and if they have worked in the past...well I'm just sayin.

Use to tie 1,000s of these back when I was tying commercially. Just search YouTube for "tying glo bugs". There are a bunch of videos. It's just 3 pieces of yarn tied in together and one quick snip with the scissors. Very quick and easy to do.

3F732BAC-1E58-48A4-85AA-AF8E988AFDC2.jpeg