Fly Tying
WWKimba

Ain't I Attractive Swap - Flies mailed/Swap Closed

Let's tie some attractive... er, I mean ATTRACTOR patterns!  If you call them searcher patterns, well, a rose by any other name!

This swap is open to  ALL level tyers (if you are a newer tyer let me know so I can best help you).  Also, fly tying gift or two will be sent to all swappers for participating.  These are to be freshwater patterns.

Registration will close on December 10th and flies will be due by January 12th (extended due to the holidays and anticpated mail delays).

If you are new to swaps/new to tying please contact me via PM and I'll be most happy to assist you.

The checklist of what you need to send me: - your flies WITH toe tags (including your screen name and name of pattern), - your fly swap box (again with your screen name on it - getting 5 Altoids boxes without names can be CHALLENGING!), a SASE (so I can send you your set of flies back), and your sending envelope.  I do accept money  or check to cover return postage -if you don't have enough postage stamps.

Lastly - HAVE FUN!!  

1 - RickZieger - recieved

2 - Woodenlegs-Madame X - received

3 -Johnw1986 - received

4- vicrider - received

5 - jleari67 - Sucker Spawn Trailor Attractor - received

6 - fishingbobnelson - Red Tag - received

8 - Swmalone - Rainbow Warrior - received

9 - psychoprince - Adam's Ant - received

10 - jacktjl -received

11 - danthebugman - Fire Tiger Bucktail Streamer - received

12 - DarrellP - Blob Fly - received

13 - mikemac1 - Humpy - received

My thinking Rick is a lot of people use a floating attractor and a drop fly for 'gills. To my way of thinking the attractor fly can be either the first fly, the point fly, or the only fly.

And if that sounds right I'm in. I'll be digging in pretty hard on Christmas swap right now but you're leaving plenty of time after that to tie.

3 hours ago, vicrider said:

My thinking Rick is a lot of people use a floating attractor and a drop fly for 'gills. To my way of thinking the attractor fly can be either the first fly, the point fly, or the only fly.

And if that sounds right I'm in. I'll be digging in pretty hard on Christmas swap right now but you're leaving plenty of time after that to tie.

What I'm figuring as an attractor/seacher is a pattern of a fly that EITHER looks like nothing in nature and uses bright colors to attract the fish in for a strike OR a fly pattern that looks a little like a lot of things in nature and that entices a strike.  A "hopper/dropper-type" set-up can use the attractor fly first but is usually fished alone.

I hope that I have THOROUGHLY confused you!

Kim

48 minutes ago, Swmalone said:

Are attractor nymphs allowed? Tentatively add me to the list pending the answer. 

ANY attractor fly pattern is welcome!

Kim

Good to know. Put me down for a rainbow warrior.  Now I just have to track down the beads. Those have been hard to come by around here lately. 

Got it WW. For some reason I was thinking indicator fly and not attractor though a good attractor like Sofa PIllow is often used for an indicator. Will definitely find something to stand out.