Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
David 82nd

Making Cranberry sauce

Well well, im a fan of multi tasking and came up with a nice idea,or experiment.  Im tasked to making my annual Thanksgiving Cranberry Sauce, not really a big deal,nothing special its simple ,just slow process,but as im slowly stirring the berrys on stove it gave me an idea ...lol im going to dye some feathers ......sure why not.   I took a few light colored dun tail feathers , dropped into the pot lol..... they are taking on the color for sure ,lmao i just cant forget to pull them out  my wife would pitch a fit if i served cranberry’s with feathers 😂😂😂

My kids didn't like homemade cranberry sauce. It has to be in the shape of a can and sliced. Hope you cleaned the feathers before dunking them.

Lmao...yep. Cleaned   The old cranberry debate , my son is same only likes the ocean spray can, its a delicate process making it ,having fear of staining somthing ,holy crap. 😂😂

Very funny, @David 82nd.  I'd like to see the resulting feather.  

I'm much lazier when making cranberry sauce, I throw a bag of cranberries with one whole, cut up orange (rind on) in the food processor,  pulse it a few minutes, add pinch salt, then sugar, cinnamon, ginger (or not) to taste, pulse a few more times until I get the right consistency.  Done.  No cooking.  

We all get together at my sister's place.  I'm in charge of the New England clam chowder, pecan pie, and stuffed bread. That's my multi-tasking for the day.  

Sounds good , the whole process goes fast   Soon as cranberrys pop open i just slowly cook it down , add this and that to taste , i also add tablespoon of cornstarch it makes thicker ...... let cool , remove feathers then add to few mason jars ,chill overnite.   Good stuff 

2 bags cranberries, 1 3/4 cup sugar, 2 cups water, 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, 1 cup? Chopped walnuts, 1/2 tsp nutmeg. No feathers.