Fly Tying
skeet3t

Rodbuilding setup

This is what I made from countertop sink cutouts from a local cabinet shop. They are free and have tons of uses around the house and shop. The table is 8 ft. long and the T-track is from Woodcraft; available at other woodworking sites. T-Track uses a standard 1/4-20 hex bolt. Uprights slide where needed. Bolts hold thread with washers and a compression spring for tension. Light is a magnifying light for close work.

034.jpg

056.jpg

That's a nice simple set-up @skeet3t, not sure I have the space to dedicate to it though.  Now maybe if I counter-sunk those t-tracks into my work bench.    

niveker, I removed the T-track so I can work on things for my school archery team. I just measured the spacing and put them on a 1x6x8 board. The board scoots to the back of the work table, out of the way until needed. Most rod sections are about 4-5 ft. maximum. The 8 ft is not be necessary; fortunately, mine fits along the one wall. Or make it into two pieces (track sections are 4 ft. but can be cut) with an attachment to align the pieces of the setup. Countersinking the track would be time consuming plus a dirt/sawdust catcher. Boards would be simpler than routing the grooves for the track.  Not knowing what your shop is like, drill holes in the board(s) and hang it/them on a wall. Hope this helps.

7 hours ago, skeet3t said:

drill holes in the board(s) and hang it/them on a wall.

That's a better idea.  

7 hours ago, DFoster said:

Nice Idea skeet!

Thanks. It took a bit of time to set everything up originally but it was a time saver in wrapping and finishing. Best part was I had run some errands and the wife painted the top!