Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Salmo22

Giraffe Tieing Lamp?

A Giraffe tieing lamp was recommended to me recently by another tier. Before I commit any $$$$ to a purchase, would like to hear any comments or experiences you could share regarding the Giraffe? Thanks.

You'll never regret having one.I enjoy having enough light to see every detail on a fly when tying.The lamp works like a spot light on the vise keeping the direct lighting out of your eyes which is a plus.

I use a 100 watt true color bulb by GE that may be alittle over kill for some when tying on a polished vise like the jaws on my Nor_Vise that are chrome and reflect like a mirror.You do get to see detail like you've never seen before that's for sure.

I'm sure you will hear no negatives or dislikes about Giraffe lights.

Brent.

I've used one for about three years. I like the amount of light it puts out and at night, it's good.

The magnifier is OK. Kind of hard to adjust but it works OK.

I use other, more portable lights, when I travel and find I miss the giraffe.

Customer service wise, they tend to be a bit arrogant but who knows - maybe I got someone on a bad day.

I hsve had one for years and use when tieing at shows all over the country. It is simply the best light I have used to date. The eyes are getting to the point where i am starting to use the maginfier so i don't have an opinion on that part.

If it were my $$ I buy it. Also They make a true color bulb that works very well to.

I have had it for at least 7 years and haven't replaced the bulb yet. The lamp is black with a c clamp for the table that has very wide jaws that fit the newer white tables.

Irish

I use a simple long swing arm lamp with a GE true color bulb. Cost about $25 including the bulbs and works great. I'm able spotlight it right on my vise and move it out of the way when I don't need it. Works awesome and not near the investment.