Fly Tying
richmce

ned rig style flies

Here's a couple of Ned flies I tied up.  I may have posted them before.   I'll claim a senior moment if I did.

DSCF1082.thumb.JPG.885720da5c8586b37ae4a3c53d141477.JPG

I dropped a couple of them in jar of water with a relatively flat  bottom.  This what they looked like.

DSCF1123.thumb.JPG.4df352cdaab7dfdf8e334881ff5813e5.JPG

4 hours ago, richmce said:

are those just furled estaz?      dark one looks like it could be the rubber bugger chenille..nice   

I guess that's what it is.  Feather-Craft describes it as "a soft, mobile, dense rubbery-fiber/blended soft chenille"   It's interesting stuff.  The single strand floats and has good motion.  These are furled. I've tied four.  The other two must of had an air bubble in the tail, because when I dropped them in the water they floated head down with the tip of the tail poking out of the surface film.  I squeezed the tail and the next time they sink, though the idea of a floating one might be interesting.  I just brought the white and used permanent markers to color them.   One tied with dumbbell eyes tied in like on Clouser might give you a suspending fly that would stay that way on retrieve if fished on a floating line.  A two tone black over olive would make a good leech.