Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
McFlyLures

Pop a Top Popper

A customer of mine sent me a video and asked if I could tie the fly for him.  It was interesting enough so I said I would.  I liked the fly so much that I decided to make a video on it to show you all how to tie it.  Now I am not the originator of this fly, but I believe the person making this video is...    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cces2jWlEOc  You can go check his video out if you want, it is quite informative.   He did a few things differently than I did.  First, he used a different dubbing for the tail section.  His was Lazar dub, I used a more flashy dubbing.   He also didnt make cutouts for the eyes, instead used an eye with a protrusion on the back so it stuck into the foam.  I think the cutout, while takes longer, looks nicer and is more durable.  But its up to you.  

Now, I had tied it in the same colors he did, red/white.  However I believe this fly could do really well in many other color combos.  Like Chartreuse and white, chartreuse and pink, black and blue, brown and orange, etc.  Just get creative and make it your own.