Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Poor Mikey

look out for falling iguanas.      a  friend from church is in ft myers this weekend for fun and sun.   lol    guess there will be a run on sweatshirts

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

A friend was at the Miami International airport and saw it snowing. The flakes melted when they got about 4 feet above the ground.

I lived in FLA for a few years in the 80's, Gulf coast.  Snowed one year on Christmas eve, same day my Grandmother passed.  Go figure.   

Go figure that me and my family headed out the day after Christmas to spend a week in the smokies. We bought all kinds of cold weather gear hoping to see snow. My 3 kids had never been across the Florida border. The entire time we were there..Sunday through Thursday temps ranged from upper 40’s in higher elevations, to 76. We got home Thursday and on Sunday snow fell as far south as southern Georgia. Sure didn’t want to drive in those conditions, but would’ve have been awesome just for them to see some. I think the week we were there, was the warmest in the past 3 months.  Oh well..Still had an amazing trip.

I enjoy our short lived Florida fronts. But when temps dip below freezing… 🥶

Geeze !!!  27 DEGREES F. this morning !!!

I had to bundle up to get the paper and clear the 1/2 inch of ice off the bird baths and cats' water bowls.

That's enough !!! I'm done with winter.  It can warm back up for spring anytime now !!!

In south Orlando, it never got below 32 last night.  Coldest its been since I moved down here.  Last time I saw snow was in Idaho last May.  

I'll take that 27f right about now Mike. Was 1 Degree when I got up yesterday morning here. I don't usually mind the cold, but when it starts getting down under 20f or less, that's just too damn cold even for me.

Got down to 31 here on the shores of lake o. I took the kids out to see the Florida snow this morning. Frost on everything. They could rub their hands across the deck of my John boat and get a handful of “snow “

73F7C608-D377-4FAD-816F-8E2F3DFA72A0.jpeg

C29BE15C-D358-473B-8290-D912A9FF0C0C.jpeg

0D7D9CB8-5CA4-4EDE-BD94-FF9E8257923C.jpeg

I got a nice snow coating of about 6”. After snow blowing three driveways I went for a nice 4 mile  walk around the hood with the wife. Just a perfect day. Snow makes winter look great. It will be back up to the mid 40’s on Thursday so no worries that it’s going to hang around. 

We are pretty excited as it is going to get up to 37 on Monday. But then, it gets cold again. Both snowblowers work, I have a bottle of Crown Royal, and I have made over 40 musky lures for our youth projects,  so life is good. 

Well, we had a different weather pattern here in Maine yesterday.  Snow started about 7am and ended about 4am this morning. Only needed to shove twice,.  Turned out to be reasonably lite snow, but there was 20” of it.

Michael