Fly Tying
Inconnu

Quick Descent

Has anyone tried Quick Descent Dub? It is a spun aluminium dubbing that adds weight to the fly. I wonder if it is any more environmentally friendly than lead? Just wondering if any of you have experience with it? smile.gif

I have some but I don't have a great deal of experience with it. I don't know about environment friendliness, but it does sink well, I can tell oyu that much.

Wilcara is exactly right, it does sink well. It also dubs pretty easily. BUT, none the colors are very close to their description, at least I don't think so. I've tried to mix them but they still don't come out very good at all.

Thanks guys! I never seem to have enough dubbing, but I think I will hold off on this stuff for now and look at other types. smile.gif

I know its been said it dubs easily, but loses the color when dubbed. it adds decent weight, but if your looking for dubbing try antron or hareline dubbing, my personal favorites, its cheaper and IMO more "versatile"