Fly Tying

Well just ordered this, an AR10 (308) stripped lower.  From PSA https://palmettostatearmory.com/blem-gen3-pa10-stripped-lower-receiver.html

Have been looking at that for a bit, finally a buddy tonight said order it and we'll build them together. He's built a lot of AR 15's, so I did. Will post pics as it is built up.

Been reading up on uppers for it and now starting to think maybe I'll go 6.5 Creedmore. From what I am reading that round has a flatter trajectory and little lees recoil. Anyone here own a rifle in that caliber?

94aLIVH.jpg

Picked up the stripped lower this morning. Have it narrowed down to two parts kits I'm trying to decide between for building the lower so should decide on which of those and order that soon.

I have a 6.5 Creedmore. It's a pleasure to shoot, and as accurate as all get out.  

I think the 6.5 Creedmore is what I have decided on once I get to the upper. Seems everyone that I talk to that has that caliber really seems to like it a lot. Can't really say I have heard any cons to going that direction yet.

A buddy of mine killed every deer this year with the 6.5 Creedmore. He said every one was a dead in its tracks shot

20 hours ago, The Mad Duck said:

A buddy of mine killed every deer this year with the 6.5 Creedmore. He said every one was a dead in its tracks shot

They do the same with a .22 rimfire if you hit them in the right spot. If I had a nickel for every deer shot with a .22, I would never have had to work. Heard of a local guy who shot his deer in the head. "I don't eat the head."

49 minutes ago, skeet3t said:

They do the same with a .22 rimfire if you hit them in the right spot. If I had a nickel for every deer shot with a .22, I would never have had to work. Heard of a local guy who shot his deer in the head. "I don't eat the head."

I've got a farmer friend that keeps a .17HMR in his combine and kills deer with a head shots all the time. He has a depredation permit and deer are a nuisance where he lives.

Okay, this shit blows my mind.

I just ordered the lower parts kit an hour ago. While I was looking on PSA for the lower kit, I saw this...A fu&^% flamethrower...

https://palmettostatearmory.com/exothermic-technologies-pulsefire-lrt-flamethrower-od-green-pf-lrt.html

I thought it was a joke, but aske my buddy that I'm building the ar10 with whom ordered the lower parts with me tonight, he said nope, thats real.

Soooo...let me get this right. I have known our Gov is stupid, but this is how stupid they really are in their laws? So for example, if I order a 10" .556 upper for my ar15 lower, and not register it (its now a pistol length) then I'm a felon. But...I can order a flamethrower online??? WTF? lol

The flamethrower is for heating leftovers...real quick. I think that is covered in the Firearms Act of 1934. Anyone know if the flamethrower is classed as a Class III?????

9 hours ago, skeet3t said:

flamethrower is classed as a Class III

No NFA rules as of yet, no FFL requirements. do you want a pressurized  napalm tank strapped to your back? leaky hose fittings? I'll pass but I'm sure they are sold with some sort of non liability use only. Seems to be a lawyers dream

I could see getting a flamethrower to clear the driveway during those white-stuff-falling-from-the-sky events you guys have up North.

1 hour ago, cphubert said:

No NFA rules as of yet, no FFL requirements. do you want a pressurized  napalm tank strapped to your back? leaky hose fittings? I'll pass but I'm sure they are sold with some sort of non liability use only. Seems to be a lawyers dream

I recall a scene from Saving Private Ryan where the tank blows up. I think the same situation happened in Wind Talkers. Guy was severely burned. He asked for "help" so a guy gave him a .45 tranquilizer.

OYGb4X8.jpg

Rest of the Ar10 lower parts came today. At least there's not "quite as many" tiny parts as I was thinking there would be, but there's for sure enough tiny springs & pins to where I bet there's gonna be some colorful language involved 😆