Fly Tying

Tiny parts? I can relate to that. Was grinding the feet of fly rod guides. Got a catch and Bing! The guide took flight! Couldn't find it anywhere. Fortunately another rod builder had one and brought in within an hour of my call. I found the wayward guide in the drawer of the workbench...six months after it took off. Any time I work on anything with small parts, screws, pins, springs, etc., I use the magnetic "dish" from Harbor Freight. Worth the $$$$!

qHqp9Gr.jpg

Buddy came over this evening and we built up the AR10 lowers. Wasn't really that bad. Was enjoyable, and maybe just a tad "tedious" on a few of the things where you have to insert and hold down a tiny detent that's under spring pressure while tapping in a roll pin, those times it felt like 3 hands would be better than two, but all went together nicely and a pretty enjoyable process doing it with a friend.

Any of you guys have suggestions for a scope on this .308?

My Ar15 and other rifles are all close range/red dot...this I plan for not real long range, but mid/long. So prob a scope of some kind. Don't want to spend a ton on one though. I have a buddy that has a scope on his .308 that is some cray ass $2000 scope, I don't want/need anything near that. Just an affordable, decent quality, mid range scope is all. 

Well added on to this order. Just ordered another lower. Have always loved the black/white flag on this stripped lower PSA sells. So figured, why not. It's only money...A $60 stripped lower will only end up as  = a $1000-$1200 full build, I'm single so why not...I have tons of money....insert sarcasm 🤣  

All kidding aside...I've been wanting for a while now to do a 300 blk build so plan to do that on this lower later this year.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/blem-psa-ar15-american-flag-lower-7779528b.html

Just finished putting it together. Went with a Monstrum 4-12 scope for now to get me so I can get it on paper and shooting. Have a few buddies that own the Monstrum scopes and they say they really like them for the cost. So will get it running with this for now and then this winter if I fee to need to upgrade I have another buddy that has a Trijocon on his .308 which he picked up for $300 so I might grab one of those later if I feel I want to upgrade the optic.

This is going to be a fun distance gun. Can't wait to get this one to an outdoor range. Have a couple things I plan to change on it yet. Such as the pistol grip. I hate A2 factory grips with a passion so will prob swap on a Hogue overmold grip as well as a more comfortable padded rear stock.

ljjMjN7.jpg

02IKUCT.jpg

If only your theater room had a window ... that'd be a perfect sniper rifle !!!

17 minutes ago, mikechell said:

If only your theater room had a window ... that'd be a perfect sniper rifle !!!

Jeez Mike...Lets not give him any bad ideas 🤣🤣

😃 He's building a diorama of people being eaten by a dinosaur ... and he's building an arsenal of accurate weapons.  I don't think we're giving him any ideas he doesn't already harbor.  😁

Some new goodies for the AR10 came today. Picked up an Adaptive Tactical cushioned stock for it. I had been looking at this one for while because it has such nice cushioning on it that is actually soft unlike some others. But when I saw a place drop the price from $50 to $29 on sale I snagged one. Also picked up a new pistol grip that is a swelled style and has the thumb shelf as well as palm shelf. I wasn't sure how I would like that but after feeling it I think it's gonna be a very comfortable grip. And got a couple 25rd mags and some flip up scope eyepiece covers. Hope to get this one out and shoot it for the first time next week.

jgiA50T.jpg

1I1j3YF.jpg

oz94A7Y.jpg