Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

I love poppers!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Michigan Trout Guy

Michigan Trout Guy

Young man there's no need to feel down, I said young man, so your new in this town, I said young man...It's fun to stay at the Y.M.C.A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:06 PM

Finally!!! I caught some fish. My first fish on a fly rod was caught today. I started on my home river, but with no luck for two hours, I decided to move to a tiny pond I have been fishing since I was a kid.

I bought some poppers today, and when I got to the pond, I tied on a yellow one. After about three or four casts, a bass hit and I reeled him in...which wasn't hard because he was only about 6 or 7 inches long. I caught another bass the same size and a sunfish. After that, I started loosing light and bats started swooping at my fly during my false casts, so I decided to call it a night. Not a great story, but at least after two months of getting skunked I finally caught a freakin fish.

Plus, catching anything on topwater is about the most fun you can have in my opinion.

Cheers,
MTG
Today a man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration, and that we are all one conciousness experiencing itself subjectively. Life is only a dream with the imagination of ourselves...........here's Tom with the weather.

-Bill Hicks (Thanks whippersnapper ;)

#2 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

When I grow up, I'm moving to Florida !!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,768 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:36 PM

Thats cool MTG it will only get better as the weather gets nicer and you'll be into some bigger fish to really test you wink.gif

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

#3 Alex C.

Alex C.

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:52 PM

Awseome MTG, Lakes are still frozen up here.

#4 Michigan Trout Guy

Michigan Trout Guy

Young man there's no need to feel down, I said young man, so your new in this town, I said young man...It's fun to stay at the Y.M.C.A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:56 PM

Skunked, if you have any kind of boat, you should shoot down here some day and we can check out some lakes around here. I'm pretty sure they're all melted by now.
Today a man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration, and that we are all one conciousness experiencing itself subjectively. Life is only a dream with the imagination of ourselves...........here's Tom with the weather.

-Bill Hicks (Thanks whippersnapper ;)

#5 ArkieFlyGuy

ArkieFlyGuy

It just doesn't get and better than Kenny G.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 08:00 AM

MTG,

Good for you!!.... And I agree... watching a bass attack a popper is WAY TOO KEWL!!! cool.gif Even the 6-7 inchers......
TIGHT LINES, YA'LL!!!

Arkie Fly Guy's NEW AND IMPROVED website...

I'm not a fly fisherman.... But I DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express!!!!....