Fly Tying
sammothner

Video editing software?

What do you guys like to use to edit videos filmed on gopro and cell phone? Asking because im starting to put together my 2015 highlight reel! Video drops January.

I might not have the best answer for you personally because I have a degree in digital design and animation, but Adobe after effects and premier pro are two of the best out there.

Check out GoPro studio. It is simple to use, yet still creates high quality films. Nice thing about it is that it is so basic. You wont end up getting overwhelmed like some people do with higher end video editing software.

I have the best video editing software available to mac, IMovie and final cut pro, yet still opt out to use GoPro studio for alot of my film making. Unless your trying to create something very technical it is the easiest to do the job.

Check out GoPro studio. It is simple to use, yet still creates high quality films. Nice thing about it is that it is so basic. You wont end up getting overwhelmed like some people do with higher end video editing software.

I have the best video editing software available to mac, IMovie and final cut pro, yet still opt out to use GoPro studio for alot of my film making. Unless your trying to create something very technical it is the easiest to do the job.

I tried the GoPro studio ... and for some reason, I could never get it to work for me. Maybe it's the laptop I am using, but I don't think the program loaded correctly. I found the Windows Movie Maker on my work laptop and started using it. Loved it so much I got it loaded on my personal one now.

Have you ever used Movie Maker, Fish? I've thought about trying to "re-download" the GoPro program, but since I couldn't get the GoPro to work the first time, I have no way to compare them.

Have you ever used Movie Maker, Fish? I've thought about trying to "re-download" the GoPro program, but since I couldn't get the GoPro to work the first time, I have no way to compare them.

No i haven't. I have always been a mac person so haven't had the chance to use it. Many of my friends are pc guys and seam to like it enough.

Okay ... I'm reviving this short thread because I now have a problem.

Windows Movie Maker is no longer free. Nor are any of the other video editing programs I've found.

I tried the GoPro one ... and the new Windows Movie Maker ... and 3 others that I can't remember the names of.

Each one, when I went to save my edited movie (1/2 hour or more into using the program), then came the notice "Movie will be saved with a water mark. To save without a water mark, and to get full editing ability, please buy the activation key."

I am rather ... upset. Anyone got a "new" free editing program they like?

This is getting frustrating as all hell.

Does ANYONE use a free video editing software that's truly free?

This is getting frustrating as all hell.

Does ANYONE use a free video editing software that's truly free?

Sony - PlayMemories for both Mac and PC

http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/www/disoft/int/playmemories-home/en/index.html

I use this software to download from my cameras and minor editing. No VO capabilities

But you can add sound.

I personally use After Effects/ Premier / Final Cut

Kimo

Mike I have one I paid about $50 for a few years ago, think it is one of the Power directors or something with that sort of name. It's a really good software with a lot of features. I don't use it any longer since I don't really do videos these days. I'll dig around for it and if I can find it I'll give it to ya.

movie maker 10 is free in the microsoft store and the 'pro' version is a measly $10 and has more features

I tried that program, flytire. Thanks for the reference. I might be "spoiled" by the original Movie Maker, but I could get "10" to delete unwanted footage correctly. It kept missing the start/finish points. I might try it again, but it was getting on my nerves.

I'm interested in that offer, Steve. I'll bring my laptop with me in February!

It is a tricky question. There are a bunch of very, very good, and totally free, video editors.

Just remember that the longer the list of features, the steepest the learning curve. Plus some require decent computing power, some are only for this or that system, etc..

The best one I know is DaVinci Resolve: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/

This one is pro level. The page and the software can be intimidating to a novice. Go all the way to the bottom to find the free dowload. Requires a decent graphics card, but I can’t remember specs.

A couple of steps below in the crap your pants scale are OpenShot and Kdenlive. Both have worked well for me in the past for basic editing. Easy to find online and lots of youtube video tutorials.

Hope it helps.