Fly Tying
Piker20

American wages

Apologise if this sounds a daft question to my american cousins but I've seen a few jobs in Maine and I'm thinking they pay very well.

Is 110000 a year a very very good wage if dental and health insurance is included with job?

We'd kinda put moving state side off forever but not so sure now.

Health care, 40hr week. I was thinking more in terms of generally compared to average take home pay would this be considered middle or high income.

The job itself is one I would want not dependent on wage so a better quality of life compared to UK would be a bonus. Same job here is approx $52000 yearly.

You could probably do a search and find average US wages in your specific field and classification. I'll tell ya what , we live in an unstable world these days, so what ever you consider, do it carefully.

I don't know what job you're talking about ... but I can only compare to mine.

I've been with the same company for 20 years, and I am not making $110,000.00. I do have all the insurances, but I pay into them.

From the people I know, the jobs that have very high starting wages are also the most ... volatile. You start with a great wage, then a year later, you're looking for another job.

Any job paying 6 figures is a very well paying job, and not the average my any means.

It is well above average but that depends on the job qualifications.

You also will want to look into the local and state taxes. They can be a killer and they vary widely. I know a few retirees who settled in Maine and found their annuities did not go as far as many other states because of a tendency to tax the bejabbers out of higher income folk. Miane for example has special tax for anyone with lakeside property.

wunbe

I don't know what the rest of these Donald Trumps are taking about but a but an average job in the US with 4 years college or trained in a job skill is 40-60k a year....100k is a good job offer with or without benefits.

I've been in the same career/job market for 37 years...I've made $380,000 my best year and currently work for a about 3/4 of your offer.

Yes 110k with benefits will be more than sufficient to live comfortably in the states in almost any part of the country you won't be rich but as long as you don't spend like crazy you will be very comfortable.

110K with bennies is a very good salary. At 110 you will be fully in the middle class. I've been at the same job for 30 years. 110 is about what I make. I know nothing about the cost of living in Maine. I can give you a snippet of what that salary has afforded me in PA.

My wife was a full time stay at home mother for 19 years, I put two kids through colleges (79K a year times four years) and don't owe a nickel. I will be retired at age 56. I'm on my third house, a 2800 sq ft 4 bedroom 2 1/2 baths, 1 car garage, on 3/4 acre. I currently have 5 cars and two boats. But!!!!!!, I don't have one rod and reel that cost more than 300 bucks. Of my five cars one, my wife's, is new. My boats are a 1991 and a 1992 and they will never be replaced, although I may sell the 91. I live very comfortably but I can't spend Willy nilly and have to set priorities on where and how I spend my money.

So in a nutshell, you should be comfortable at 110 but your not going to have money to burn.

Cheers guys. Interesting that the taxes alter so much even in same state. Would definitely be something we will read a lot more about before plunging in.

Yes. Same work and better money but I'm old enough to know grass isn't always greener. Well have a good look at it.

The jobs I've seen initially are in Brunswick and Portland. Advanced nurse practice or family nurse practice jobs. Wouldn't have to be ME but we would never move to somewhere like Florida or Texas.