Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

DATABASE Flies

success / improvements

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Piker20

Piker20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,068 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:29 AM

Hi folks, I know in the older days of the forum the fly database was quite well used and bookmarks of patterns was common.

I would love to hear some stories of flies people copied and had great success with and also flies you've tweaked to suit a hatch or scenario.

A few I've had joy with came via Soft Hackle and Old Hat. The leviathan and triple green caddis are two that spring to mind

Matthew 25: 35-36 "Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldnt even be there, 80 are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back. "No man ever steps in the same river twice"   Heraclitus, 5 B.C

Based Scottish Highlands. UK

MUSTAD The wise anglers choice.

#2 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,780 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 03:21 PM

I've tried a few flies from the "Flies of the month" threads ... but I don't think I've ever done one directly from the database.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis