Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

7'6" 3wt

26umbl.jpg
TS4MdS.jpg
Qx0bQT.jpg
GC7COh.jpg

Here's a very nice stealthy looking little 7'6" 3wt with all burnt cork turned grip, carbon fiber reel seat, and matching custom sock just out of the shop this morning.

Okay ... maybe there IS such a thing as too much dark cork ... but just barely.

You're right on with the description, "stealthy". Subtle.

Looks good.

It's kind'a growin on me. It's got a cool feel to it as well. Hard to explain how it feels, but somewhat denser yet softer at the same time ....I know that doesn't make any sense but that's actually how it feels lol

Another nice looking rod, Steve. That one is right in my range as far as size and weight goes. The way you described the feel of the grip reminds me of foam. How was the action on that one?

It's a real nice action, true to the mod/fast rating. Some rods under 8' can start to get a bit too soft but these blanks still have a decent amount of ommph for being 7'6".

No it's one I get from one of my custom builder suppliers over in Missouri. It's real close in action to the old Pac Bay Classic series they use to make about 10 yrs ago if you remember those. I always liked those blanks, nice and smooth feeling but still decent power.