Fly Tying
Poopdeck

A stroke of genius, I think

So a bit of a long story here but I'll keep it short. I uncovered and dewinterized my boat to get it ready for the shad run. Of course now their predicting a foot of snow this week. Rather then go through my winter tarping procedure I decide to tarp it quick but I need another small tarp. Off to harbor freight I go for a 4 dollar tarp armed with a coupon for a free 18" magnetic tool bar. I return home and following a well deserved nap I begin tying some more parachute flies. In the chaos I can't find my scissors and I have what I like to call a "to much sh$t fit" when it dawns on me - I just picked up an 18" magnetic tool strip for no reason other then it was free. I screwed the magnetic strip to the front edge of my portable desk and now I just place the tools I'm using on the strip instead of setting them down amongst the mess. It's genius I tell you. So far I'm loving it! The good lord truely does take care of the simple minded.

post-48414-0-17335400-1489282596_thumb.jpeg

I dig this big time. Moving my mag strip to lower reaches of desk. Thanks for posting, you are making me laugh a lot lately. Everybody should have more of that!

You'll be burned for a witch!

A second one would serve as a holder for m flies that are drying or just safely out of the way during a staged assembly process.

Rocco

Great idea, but I would have to move the strip/tools out of elbow range. I'd be knocking those tools off constantly.

Love the idea, though, and free is always good.

Joe

Wanna send me some altoids wink.png

Please explain?

FRN,

Look at the top right of the photo.

Kimo

Wanna send me some altoids ;)

Please explain?

FRN,

Look at the top right of the photo.

Kimo

Duh, too focused on the free magnetic strip. N M Flats!

A hook holder! A fantastic idea! HF has the tool holder on sale for 4 bucks, normally 12, but I'm gonna have to find another coupon so I can go back and buy one for four and get another one for free. Wonder what I can use the third one for?

The bobbin will occasionally knock off just because there's not a lot of metal surface to hold them but the spool actually sits on the lip and what metal there is is enough to hold it sufficiently in place. Everything else is tight. Again this just holds the tools during use.

For some reason when I'm tying away the holes in the wood are just to inconvenient to put the tools back in so I end up setting whatever was in my hand down in the dumbest spot imaginable. Kind of like what my wife does with the TV remote.

Those aren't altoid tins those are my fly boxes.