Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Saltydog

Snow Snow an More Snow !

With this Snow storm coming the next 2 days I thought I do, something fun. I should have used ostridge to get the wind effect, the deer hair,doesn't want to curl.
Ill re-wet it an curl it again, an see what happens, what ta hell, was fun. my "OLD MAN WINTER FLY"

GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN

post-282-0-79930200-1489497210_thumb.jpg

Good morning Salty,

We are in for another Snowmageddon in Maine also. Yesterday I was out on a pond with my dog. Talked with a couple ice fishing and asked them how much ice was left. They said between 22" and 24" they cut through. I'm thinking we are going to have ice-out sometime in June. Good news, open water fishing starts April first, or when there is actually open water.

Michael

Michael , at least you got ICE never got out this season at all. we had NO ICE AT ALL. MY son was out fishing the other day with his friends

on the "SWIFT" it's open to fly fishing all years round. GOOD LUCKN GOOD FISHIN

Salty do you actually fish all your creations or just throw them in a box or something.

I've seen a couple I'm sure would get ate by some saltwater critters.

We went from no snow to 24" in my part of Vermont!! I haven't ice fished since I went through in HS so I don't worry about that but I could have done without all this!!! Later this week we're hearing we're supposed to be in the deep freeze again, I sure hope not!!!

Ha - that's awesome right there. Good to see the snow melting... We need the water after last years drought, but... I'd rather have had rain :)...