Fly Tying
FlatsRoamer

Mack Snack YouTube Video Tutorial

These are very effective flies, I have caught tons of fish on simple buck tail/estaz flies tied both this way and behind the eye of the hook for more of a jigging motion. When tied towards the back like here where I'll be targeting toothy speedsters I prefer to use super hair or some other synthetic since macks and blues will make short work of buck tail.

You may want to explain why you tie it in at the rear of the hook to your viewers, as they may want to know that the hook shank acts as a bite guard. This is why I also prefer to tie these on long shank hooks like the 34011 rather than the 3407 to give an extra bit of bite guard. It also helps to avoid using wire or heavier floro leader which can make a difference in clear water

I'm not setup to saltwater fly fish, but I do go to orange beach, al and fish from the pier for Spanish mac and other species. Could this be used with a light spin rig?

Yeah for sure Steven, although I would add a split shot or some kind of weight depending on how far you want to cast it...

Agn, these flies are deadly man, and yeah I probably should have explained it a little better. Still shaking the rust off :)

Thanks for watching guys, I am so surprised it already got over 50 views in 1 day!