Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

9' 7/8wt 4pc

4AAqbW.jpg
ouOn0y.jpg
I2Ongs.jpg
ukxvZ9.jpg
E1yWQP.jpg

Burning the midnight oil to try to get caught up some on rods (or 2am oil to be more accurate). Third rod of the day is done and out of the drying cabinet. This one being a 9' 7/8wt 4pc with carbon fiber seat and black & silver wraps to flow with the carbon fiber colors.

I have an old Sage 6 wt that has that same color/ look to the blank and black wraps, no silver or carbon seat though. Lookin good Steve !

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEW!! No blue! I really like the clean modern look. interior designer approved. Nice job!

You're lucky I couldn't find a picture Greg. About 5 yrs ago I did a Dallas Cowboys rod for a customer and I was gonna dig those pics up and post just to mess with your head LOL. I must have looked for 20 mins on my XHD for that pic but couldn't locate them.

I got the rod today! My initial review is all positive. The blank is very attractive and has almost a faint carbon fiber look to it. I'm not really sure how to describe the blank since it's not really carbon fiber looking but it's not a solid color either but it is kind of a solid color. Kind of like a ghost shimmer of some sort. The thread wraps are simple, clean and the black and silver looks great on the shimmering gray blank. I poured over each turn of the thread and it's perfectly done. The lacquer over the thread wraps is flawless.

The cork grip gets its own paragraph. First the grip is a little thicker then the grips on all my 35 or so other rods I own. I like the larger grips because my hands are very large (3x golf glove). In the photo the grips are a little understated and washed out. Live and in person the figuring in the cork is exceptional yet not over the top. i also like the small fighting butt. My other 8wt, a BVK, has a similar size butt but it has an exaggerated lip on the end. The lip on this one is not so big and looks way better then the big lip.

As for action, it is very similar to my BVK but with less whippy flex in the tip but a little more flex slightly down the tip section. I think this rod will be great with my Rio outbound short.

I actually feel like I stole the rod from you. I feel like I should come cut your grass and water your bonsai trees or something. Great job and thank you. Can't wait to get it out. Maybe this weekend I'll get the chance to simply cast it in the yard.

LOL my grass is under 4" of snow and bonsai trees are tucked away in the shed till May, so I'll let ya slide this time bud laugh.png

Glad you like it. Always enjoy hearing guys are pleased with what I build them. I hope you get a chance to get out and put it through it's paces soon.