Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

11ft Micro-spey

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 05:59 PM

Tell him just to set up a new email, for it, it'll take him like 5 minutes and cost nothing I have a Yahoo I use just for stuff that's going to send me junk mail.

#17 richmce

richmce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 11:42 PM

what about the buffalo on the butt end?  

#18 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

When I grow up, I'm moving to Florida !!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,884 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 11:56 PM

They are coat button from the fabric store. The flat backside and domed head of them make them perfect butt caps on rods with a cork butt.

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

#19 Dave G.

Dave G.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 07:49 AM

Yeah the 25lb OPST was just too thin for my taste for sure. It wasn't too bad just stripping streamers, but with a fish on it really just sucked stripping it against a fish.

I looked and my first Lazar  was 25 on my switch rod, the second that I put on another rod is 35.. I caught a few good sized rainbows and browns last spring with the switch rod and ended up putting them on the reel because of the feel in the hand of that skinny line. The good news is the tip action is great so it holds a scrappy 2lb trout well but the rod overall suited for heavier fishing imo. I put a 250 gr head on there with a Light Rio sinking MOW tip and it probably wants a 275 or 300 head. It's one of Johnnies ( when he was alive) 4/5 switch rod blanks.

John 7:38 ESV  is about "Rivers of Living Water"

#20 Piker20

Piker20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,291 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 07:17 AM

My rod finally stopped bouncing around customs. Exquisite is the only word. How Steve gets the look just right on the back of a few emails is brilliant.
Can't wait to throw a line with it.

Seriously anyone in the market for a great rod at a decent price should be giving a thought to Steve.
Matthew 25: 35-36 "Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldnt even be there, 80 are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back. "No man ever steps in the same river twice"   Heraclitus, 5 B.C

Based Scottish Highlands. UK

MUSTAD The wise anglers choice.

#21 Charlie P. (NY)

Charlie P. (NY)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 11:28 AM

I am getting those thoughts.  ;-)

Not that Pearsall

Pearsalls_logo.gif

#22 mikechell

mikechell

I LOVE SNOW ITS SO FLUFFY!!!!!!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,757 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 04:36 PM

Steve will ... literally ... bust a nut to get things right!  laugh.png

Sorry Steve.  wink.png   I do, truly, empathize with your pain.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#23 redietz

redietz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 09:51 PM

That's actually the case with all the rods if you look close. Nylon thread has a bit of a inherent translucent look to it unless you use color preserver (which I don't care for so never use unless its on something like a twist thread). You guys just haven't noticed it till now I guess wink.png  It's not what I would call true translucent, but it is a very slight effect because its nylon.

Silk is even more transparent w/o CP.

Bob