Fly Tying
byhaugh

Tying Flies and listening to your ipod

How Many Tie While Listening to an ipod?  

167 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi,

Trying to get a feel for the ubiquity of the ipod in our lives. After "viewing" this post, please post your answer as to whether or not you listen to an ipod while tying: Never, sometimes, often, almost all the time, or all the time.

Thanks

I can barely afforg tying supplies.....IPOD....maybe in 5 years when they're outdated and giving them away in cereal boxes.....plus MP3 sound quality is toilet flushings.....the general public just wants an easy way to get music for free and store it in the smallest space possible, but have this long cord dangling all over the place......so nothing on my IPOD....hehehe

Vern-o, don't hold back, let it out. (Me, too.) I'll put a set of phones on and listen to internet radio or just turn on the radio when I'm tying.

I have a tv in my tying room also, but rarely watch while I'm tying - can't see it anyway when I'm wearing my tying glasses.

Never.

I don't like wearing headsets while tying, the wires area annoying, but I always have the radio or TV on, which is odd, because the TV is behind me, so I cannot actually watch it while I tie. Some form of noise is definitely a must, and I usually have Mr. Kitty curled up on my feet, and occasionally he donates some of his shiny black hair to a fly, quite nice of him.

I usually listen to the Rolling Stones or Tom Petty while I tie, nothing too outlandish, sometimes U2.

No ipod here. I usually listen to music, though, either from the stereo, computer (in some form or another), or satellite television through the stereo. Sometimes I just like it quiet, though.

I like to just open the window and listen to the birds sing. I guess it's a generational thing, but I don't want or need any background noise when I'm tying. Peace and quiet is just fine....

I tie better when listening to music or the TV. I tie really well when there are no words in the music, just instruments playing. I can also sit and tie longer. It's about 50/50 between the TV and Music. I like listening to sports or the Discovery Channel when I have the TV going. For music I'll almost always put some Pink Floyd in, or Moby. Other favorites include Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Mozart, and Marylon Manson. Lots of other stuff too, but those are my staples.

I don't have an ipod, but there is a radio by my bench. Funny thing is that I always have the radio going when I'm doing woodworking, but almost never have it on while tying.

Don't like IPods, never have, never will. But I do have an mp3 player. I usually have the tv on in the background, I honestly haven't noticed if this has affected my tying in any way.

We have an Ipod, but we only use it for traveling on long trips in the car. I usually have a television on while I'm tying, mostly just listening to whatever game happens to be on.