Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Yamramil

Fishing in Siberia

Fishing in Siberia. Difficult road through the pass and mud baths. An interesting small river with labor fishing. Iced water. In fishing, mostly small grayling, a large one could only be caught from the fossa. The variations of RadTag worked on the flies, and the wet variations were partridge orange. All fished on 3-4 class rods.

har3.jpg

har4.jpg

har5.jpg

har6.jpg

har7.jpg

har8.jpg

I am)

har10.jpg

har14.jpg

har15.jpg

har17.jpg

har19.jpg

har20.jpg

har21.jpg

har22.jpg

har23.jpg

Wow! The water you're fishing looks fantastic! Nice little fish. I'm not a "foodie" so usually, food pictures don't interest me. That looks like a good meal, though.

Nice pictures.

Wow! Great shots. This is not what I ever envisioned Siberia to look like. I always thought it was colder. Thanks for sharing.

One day fishing in Siberia, 50 kilometers from the city. The beautiful river is Mana. The river is very fast. Caught a few graylings on wet flies and RedTag.

fish3-1.jpg

fish3-2.jpg

fish3-3.jpg

fish3-4.jpg

fish3-6.jpg

fish3-7.jpg

fish3-8.jpg

fish3-9.jpg

fish3-10.jpg

Flies

178-2.jpg

New day - new fishing. The goal was to catch a delicious fish - dace. Found a point with a large dace - 20-24 cm. Wet flies worked))

180-2.jpg

181-2.jpg

post8-1.jpg

post8-2.jpg

Thanks for sharing these. It's amazing to me that Siberia is a place of such stunning beauty. I grew up in the '70s (USA) and so I've always associated Siberia with the gulags. It never occurred to me that it might ever be anything but a place of misery and woe... Eye opening, truly.

Thanks again for posting