Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
vicrider

The ultimate recliner...

Reading Mike's thread about non-fly tying costs, my SS checks have recently taken a hit. The faithful maid started getting stuck in chairs which she used to navigate fine and tore up her gears. New maid, different brand, Shark and so far much better overall than the Neato and quieter by quite a bit, and much faster with two side spinner wheels.

Then the last of my running outboards lost spark. Going to haul all 3 into dealer and have them all gone through. Maybe cheaper to buy a good used motor and use these for anchors. For our lakes and reservoirs a front and rear electric, which I have, do fine. Oh, except my foot controlled Minnekota power head motor quit working and don't know if it's the controller that sits in OK dust storms or the motor. Either way going to cost me.

Ah yes, then the recliner, my second home. Back in 1964 I bought my first new car. A Ford Fairlane loaded (for the time) for about $2,000 give or take. Now my recliner breaks down and I order a new one. You have to understand in my case that the recliner is my daytime leg lifter above my heart, my night time sleeper set up with my oxygen next to me so wife doesn't have the noisy pumping next to her. Also, I need to sleep in a partially upright position to prevent problems with acid reflux. I know, it's hell getting old when you're already out of shape.

So wife says order the one we've talked about. I did. Came to slightly more than my first new car. Power everything. Has positions called zero gravity for astronaut launch position, legs well above heart for those of us with poor leg circulation and swelling calves and ankles. Has 2 vibration zones, with overall 6 different settings. Has two heat zones for HI and LOW. Has buttons to control the foot board, the back, the height, and the stand you up and back to normal. Has so many buttons they need a tethered remote on each side of the chair. It is, of course, a heavily overstuffed chair covered in what seems like fine chocolate leather and will serve well as my second home. Though I did try the stand you up button to see how it works that is one option I don't need...YET. I do have a fear of that button though. When my mischievous grand daughters are here this summer I have the fear I will be dozing nicely in the chair and they'll slip up and hit the button and I'll get lifted up and slide down on the floor before I wake up.

I was kind of hoping that this kind of post would run on the thread I started. No big deal.

Wife says, of your, "... they'll slip up and hit the button and I'll get lifted up and slide down on the floor before I wake up." ... she wants pictures or a video !!!

Mike, I was going to put it on your thread but didn't want to bootleg it. Oh well, meant well. I'm sure if one of the kids gets away with it (I nap pretty hard) it'll get taped.

I need a new recliner for several of the same reasons, but man that thing sounds scary. Never-mind the grandkids dumping it, I'd probably punch the launch button in my sleep.

Steve, I would hardly call that a catnap. Nope, another thing that age brings on is the inability to sleep more than 4 hours without a potty trip. Since my wife refused to let me use the Portable Urinal with the cap I keep in the boat for emergencies I have to get up to make the trip a couple of times a night, or 2 hours into a nap. While I walk by computer I always stop to make a quick check on things...after I wash my hands of course.