Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

New to the forum

Hey, Thanks Longrodlarry for telling me about this post. I just came over from riversmallies.com. I have been looking for a site like this for a while. I hope to read a ton and contribute to others ideas! Warmwater flyfishing rocks!!!!

Dan

Oh yeah, I'm hosting a smallies swap over on riversmallies.com, we still have 6 spots left, so if you wanna join go over there and read up and email me!!

Welcome to the forum Dan and glad to see that you like it! Been on riversmallies for a while now myself and really like the site and they have a great group of folks over there.

Where are you from? I know we have Smallmouth fisherman from OH, KY, WV and MD (off the top of my head) so we got the area covered pretty good.

I'd like to get into your swap but I have a Salmon trip coming up and I am swamped trying to tie up enough flies for a weeklong trip and get all the gear and stuff together. Maybe the next one!

Be sure to post how your doing on the "fly fishing reports" forum and just make sure you make yourself comfortable around here. Be sure to tell your friends wink.gif

SmallieHunter,

I'm in Blacksburg, VA, at school at Tech, Go Hokies!!! I fish the New, and a bunch of smaller creeks in the New, Roanoke and James systems here. My home waters are all of Fairfax county, VA. There's only a few smallies there. Mostly sunfish, bass and carp. Thats where I cut my teeth learning to flyfish. One of my favorite creeks flows along the Capital Beltway. You have to watch your back cast, an 80 mph civic would clean off a line and backing real fast.

Dan

Grew up on a mountain that is the stateline for KY/VA....have fished all over SW VA...love fishing the Va side of the Clinch and hitting the river dwon at Gate City.....welcome aboard...and be sure to contact ol' DFix....he's an old Virginian as well!!!!!

Big Daddy Hubbard,

I worked for a grad student this summer doing freshwater mussel surveys. We got down in that part of the state some. wow, i wish i had the rod. We snorkeled it and saw some awesome stuff. Some very fishy looking waters. we did a sction of the Clinch just upstream from the border down into tenesee above the lake. That was a nice stream. Are there many muskies in the VA section. The guy i worked with does a lot of muskie fishing and said it looked like really good water. I would like to get down there and get some bass!

Dan