Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Piker20

Zhu / ZYZ reels

Anyone been using the S handle 'loop classic' look reels from Mr Zhu?

Keen to hear feedback on reliability of the drag and reel in general.

Yep I use to have one. Bought it about 10 years ago and used it on one of my bamboo rods. Not sure how much they are these days but back then I think I only paid about $55/$60 range for it. Pretty decent reel, had the look of a high dollar S-handle at a really affordable price. Was "slightly" heavier than other reels it's size but nothing too awful bad. Drag was pretty decent on it as well.

What is that in USD about $100-$110 or something like that I think? Hmmmm, that's a bit much for that reel IMO. I guess it depends on what you want it for. If your main thing is just to get a S handle reel because of the look of an S handle (that was why I bought mine years ago) then I would say that's the way to go. If performance is ahead of cosmetics then there are better performing/quality for that price. So just depends on which is most important to ya.

We've not been swallowed by the European super state just yet Ben wink.png

A pound gets 1.38 dollars today i think so it's just over $130.

I like the look of the reel but have a vision tank that I know the quality of and they 're around 180 new. I agree Steve, it is a little high for a brand that is still kinda unknown. though could be the classic reel of the future??