Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Help with title

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Saltybum

Saltybum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 02:26 PM

Ok, here's the finished painting. Very tricky trying to get a good photo for reproduction that shows the colors correctly as on the actual painting. This is very close though.

Still have not settled on a title yet but appreciate all the input and complements.

Attached Files

Life is too serious to take it too seriously!

#17 ben bell

ben bell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 03:31 PM

that is really nice work!

#18 Mike West

Mike West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:32 PM

"Mahi's Mistake".  I like "Seduced" too but I think the fly is more "Deceived" ....  :

AP

That would be good also or "Trying to Deceive "

#19 Saltybum

Saltybum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:53 AM

After about 100+ shots using different lens, settings and lighting and a little software tweaking this one looks pretty darn close to the actual painting.

Original and prints available to anyone interested.

Attached Files

• Attached File  ALU.jpg   233.04KB   0 downloads

Life is too serious to take it too seriously!

#20 Capt Bob LeMay

Capt Bob LeMay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:45 AM

Great work!  I'd just title it "hungry colors"....  Years ago I commercial fished dolphin - bailing them with essentially recreational gear and that's just what one looks like as it lines up to feed.  Most might not be aware just how fast they grow as they swim and feed constantly from the moment they look like a fish instead of just part of the bio-mass, drifting among the sargasso.

Tight lines Bob LeMay (954) 435-5666

#21 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,107 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:18 PM

Beautiful Artwork salty.