Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Another New Moderator - Jim Hester

Just wanted to announce and welcome Jim Hester as the new moderator of the tying bench. Jim has stuck with this forum from the beginning as really provides in-depth posts and well thought out answers. He has a broad range of knowledge that covers a variety of species and styles and with his more that 30 years of tying experience he can help us all out a great deal!!!

Way to go Jim.

BTW, do you offer your services "on Line"?

I'm always looking for lines, leaders, tippets, hooks, ect.

I would rather keep the money in the family

Will and I have actually appointed a few new moderators, but you will just have to wait and see who they are!!! We are trying ever so diligently to keep up with the needs of the boards and we have asked a few to help share thier insights. To our new moderators, welcome and thanks so much. For all the members, keep an eye out in the next few weeks and you'll be seeing some great new stuff!!!

Shoe, that sand still fellin' good or what? lol.gif

I thought Jim was a mod already? He has his own area, so thought he had some control. Man, I hope you don't put many more mods on. You only need 3 at max right now. That should more then cover your membership base for right now. Once you get bigger, then add. We have over 2300 members on one sight I'm a mod on, and more then handle it with 6 mods, which one is the owner/admin of the site. If all your mods have free roaming capabilities throughout the whole board, 3 will more then cover it no sweat. We have 3 finite mods (I only run the whole flyfishing area, one does all the hunting, and one does all the saltwater) then we have the other 3 who can run all over the board putting out fires as needed. I've seen boards crash from having too many mods at out of the chute. But this board is pretty lax, so shouldn't see the problems I've seen on the others (over moderation).

SH69,

As you somewhat mentioned this board is very relaxed when it comes to rules and regulations. So the moderators here are not your "traditional" moderators where they are basically the police of the board. Instead our definition of the moderators is to keep the coversations of their forum moving and interesting, coming up with new topics and discussions when things feel a little dry, making sure if someone asks a questions it gets answered. Up to this point I have been on the board almost every single day(unless I'm fishing) and felt responsible for making sure things were not getting dry and trying to keep people interested especially when the forum first started. With a handful of moderators I feel at ease if I wanna take a week break from the forum if I have things to do or whatever. I also have a very busy Christmas season coming up and I won't be on here near as much for the next two months. We have received almost 90 new members within the last two weeks so the word is getting out and it won't be long headbang.gif

Thanks all for the kind words! Hopefully none of the moderators will have to do any policing, just adding information.

Shoe, I have a website. I don't have a shop, but would like to someday.

My website URL is: http://www.chesapeakefly.com

I carry all kinds of things, but not everything is listed on my site yet. I'm temporarily closing for the winter, and getting my website caught up is one of the things I hope to get done. Of course if you need anything, just email me.

Congrates Jim,and i agree with OSD i have always thought that having you here was a huge bonus to all of us here on the site.

Also i just checked out your site and the first thing i saw was the "send a thank you to the military" link......I gotta say Jim i am a huge supporter of our troops and seeing that on your site was enough to let me know that you are the kinda person that i will be glad to help support by getting equipment through!

One question Jim,since you are closed till feb 1st can will still get stuff through you?

SD